Mazda 6 Forums banner

halfadozen's 6 is home

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  halfadozen 
#1 ·
Wicked tiring day and late night last night at the dealership... but the Redfire Metallic Mazda 6S with stick and most of the goodies is home! Yea!

Pics to follow soon; note to self - do not pickup a new car in the middle of a 7" snowfall. Ugg!

Quickie observations:

Excellent handling in the snow - surprising actually. And this is on 17" tires. The TRC is for real; ABS works great.

The car is tight as a drum; responsive and confident. Feels very controlled and has great feel and road response. On the sometimes wet and slushy roads all day today it was a total blast to drive.

Very - exceptionally - quiet even at highway speeds. Given the hullabuloo about engine noise and such I am very happily surprised. What the heck were folks complaining about?

The ACC worked excellent; lots of hot air where you want it. No cold air blowing and the heated seat works perfectly. Not too hot and a nice thing to have a warm bum. :D

The Bose stereo has excellent imaging; 99.9% of all car stereos favor the left speaker's music in the stereo field... this one has excellent center phantom soundstage. Very cool.

The seat fits totally perfect on my 5'10" 180lb. frame; felt like it was made for me. Loved the steering column moving up/down and in/out - driving position was easy to find and *very* comfortable.

The Homelink rear view mirror is really cool - dims when headlights hit it and the compass is a very nice extra. I laughed out loud when I used my mirror to open my garage door. Cool!

The manual trans is very nice; the clutch does engage fairly high up. It has been 7 years since I had a stick; felt *so* nice to come *home* to one again.

And the absolute coolest thing is the interior guages and controls lighting ujp red; it looks and works so COOL! Hate to be so adolescent about it - but COOL!

Signed, one very happy 35 year old Dad with a wife, mortgage, two sons and one cool Mazda6. Pics to come once I get it washed; man does roadsalt SUCK or what?

Yaaaaaaaaaa Baby! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Replying to Topic 'halfadozen's 6 is home'

Congratulations! I really want to get one now with all these excited owners around here. :)

Halfadozen, were you able to check out the Odometer question I posted from the other day? Let me know when you can. Thanks.

#3 ·

Alright. This is the type of review I was looking for. Someone that's not picking about every damn little thing. lol

Nice review. Brief statements but to the point. Bravo.

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

#5 ·

Congratulations on your new car!

Sucks that you guys are getting so much snow. I know Wayne and Livingston counties are known for not plowing... ::bad memories of Ann Arbor - Dearborn commutes in winter:: I don't know if we've been lucky or not, but we haven't gotten more than a couple of inches of snow since I bought winter tires a month ago.

#7 ·

Just got back from picking up some Mexican takeout *buuurp* and about the clutch; it isn't "high" or "low" it is in the middle. But the clutch pedal travel seems pretty long; that's all.

Still feeling out the car, but what a fun ride this is.

Anyone need me to drive anywhere to get anything for them? :D

#8 ·

Originally posted by Kincaid

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics[/b]
:D

#9 ·

Congratulations!

It's a very fine motorcar indeed. Minor issues (in my case) as a bit less heat than expected and a bit more road noise than expected etc. doesn't change that.

I understand your happy. I still am! And it's two months now!:)

#13 ·

Congrats and an excellent writeup on a first drive!

Originally posted by halfadozen

Anyone need me to drive anywhere to get anything for them? :D[/b]
Why don't you swing by here in Jersey and get me some...:p

Excellent handling in the snow - surprising actually. And this is on 17" tires. The TRC is for real; ABS works great.[/b]
TRC? Are you referring to Traction Control?

The Bose stereo has excellent imaging; 99.9% of all car stereos favor the left speaker's music in the stereo field... this one has excellent center phantom soundstage. Very cool.[/b]
Nice.

Enjoy it! Look foward to more from you.

#15 ·
Reading Topic: halfadozen's 6 is home

Halfadozen....sweet! I'm in N. Indiana (34 yrs old) and have Redfire 6s.....love it! I (like you) have gone through several boring automatics over 8 yrs......The stick is defintely the way to go in my opinion....it just brings the kid back in ya and Fast!

#16 ·

Originally posted by Robareski

Halfadozen....sweet! I'm in N. Indiana (34 yrs old) and have Redfire 6s.....love it! I (like you) have gone through several boring automatics over 8 yrs......The stick is defintely the way to go in my opinion....it just brings the kid back in ya and Fast![/b]
Thanks man, I am at 7000 miles now and cannot say in words how happy I am with this car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.