Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the driver's side axle on my 6. I can't get the thing to seat, the clip isn't allowing it to go all the way in and seat. What is the best way to seat this thing? I hate to beat on it and break something...need help ASAP please!

·
Registered
734 Posts
rubber mallet on the end of it only way

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rubber mallet on the end of it only way[/b]
Well, the rubber mallet did not work. I be the living crap out of that freaking driveshaft. Took it back to the Drive Shaft King....BTW...they are AWESOME!! They removed the clip and spring loaded the first CV joint. Thing works like a champ now...no leaks, no noise at all..perfect.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Wow your drive shaft too! It seem like it's the season for drive shaft repairs/replacement. I just recent replaced my driver side halfshaft assembly also and IIRC there's like 2 others from this forum experiencing same issue. Could there be some kind of manufactured defective shaft issue to certain VIN? Drive shaft should last much longer than ~77,000 miles!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine broke because of dumbass disease. I yanked on the end of it in a moment of RAGE cuz it would not come out and dislocated both cvjoints.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, the rubber mallet did not work. I be the living crap out of that freaking driveshaft. Took it back to the Drive Shaft King....BTW...they are AWESOME!! They removed the clip and spring loaded the first CV joint. Thing works like a champ now...no leaks, no noise at all..perfect.

what do you mean they removed the clip then spring loaded it first?

i am having troubles with mine, getting it back in.. I tried re-bending the clip.. which didn't do much because I had to spread it over the axle shaft to get it to go back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Mcdouble
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing