Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to make a long story short,

I was able to change the outer lights on my 6S with the non bulge Euro tails but I dont have the right tools to get at the bolts in the middle section. I dont know what it takes to get the plastic liner off cause by just pulling out the mid-covers I cant get at the bolts properly.

Right now im sitting with a half/half look. Euros outer, NA's Inner.. Am I ok to drive around or am I basically setting myself up to get pulled over easily? I live in British Columbia if that helps.

Btw, any advice on how I can get at the middle lights?? The 6 tech article only covers the sedan and the hatch's liner is different.

·
Registered
476 Posts
to make a long story short,

I was able to change the outer lights on my 6S with the non bulge Euro tails but I dont have the right tools to get at the bolts in the middle section. I dont know what it takes to get the plastic liner off cause by just pulling out the mid-covers I cant get at the bolts properly.

Right now im sitting with a half/half look. Euros outer, NA's Inner.. Am I ok to drive around or am I basically setting myself up to get pulled over easily? I live in British Columbia if that helps.

Btw, any advice on how I can get at the middle lights?? The 6 tech article only covers the sedan and the hatch's liner is different.
[/b]
The bolts are really easy to get to, all you need is a 10mm socket or a pair of pliers and unscrew the nut holding down the white brace. when putting on the new one, keep the plastic white thing on and the light will pop into place with no to little effort. then tighten the nut. its just that easy. I think there is a stickie or post with pictures if you do a little searching. Hope it helped

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I'm a Patel too! Sorry - hehe. It's late I know.

You shouldn't have a problem. If you do, most cops won't bother to pull you over, hehe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
king_lam925
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing