Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was in an accident last week (it wasn't my fault), but long story short I need some new grilles for my front bumper. I had aluminum body kit mesh that I bought and cut to size on the car prior to the accident, but now those need to be replaced. My question is, are there any pre-fabricated mesh kits out there for the Mazda 6s or am I going to just have to go to eBay and buy another sheet of mesh? The shop is going to give me the money that would have be used to buy the stock, plastic mesh so that I can buy something similar to what was on the car...then they will install it for me. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
this post isn't really going to help you, but i figured i'd let you know that i smashed the shit out of a deer a few days ago, so i feel your pain.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I say do it again, the plastic stock crap... looks really ugly...IMO.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have been more specific. I have no problem buying a sheet of aluminum mesh and cutting it to size again...in fact the body shop would cut it and install it for me. However, since insurance is paying for it, I was wondering if there were some mesh kits out there that may look nicer....since price isn't exactly a factor (within reason).

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i'm interested in the mesh kit as well... but my problem is that it's very difficult to reinforce the grille enough to prevent it from bending backwards because of air resistance when cruising down the highway. i need to find a tougher mesh that will look nice. was only going 80mph (which isnt too fast, but not slow) and my mesh just got F'ed up. needs redone soon cause it is bother me!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've always liked this one.. but a little too expensive for me..

link here

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i was thinking about buying that grille, but then i decided to wait and contanct Street Scene because they make some awesome grilles out of heavy-duty material as well. i want to see if they have anything planned for the future for our vehicles or if they would be willing to custom-make a grille for our rides if we get a certain number of people to buy them. i just emailed them today cause their telephone lines have been busy all morning

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
the_gray_mazda6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing