Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33710

Here's an e-bay link for some H1 headlights. I'm just curious if these are standalone or require a HID system. From what I've read, the HID is pretty overrated for its high price, so I think I should probably just replace the bulbs.

Also, just for clarification, both the low and high beams take H1 bulbs, so 4 H1 bulbs for replace of hi/low, right?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replying to Topic 'H1 Headlight Question'

Dude trust me HID totally worth it... if you just replacing the bulbs it often burn out normally 3~4 months....well but if you really short of budget, my personal recomand is get those big brand companies bulbs like "PIAA", "SYLVANIA".. THEY MIGHT LASTING LONGER :sarc

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Reading Topic: H1 Headlight Question

Those are NOT HIDs! Repeat: THOSE ARE NOT HIDS! Those are standard halogen bulbs filled with Xenon gas to produce a different colored light. Might as well go to Pep Boys!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'H1 Headlight Question'

Thanks for the info. I just can't justify spending $400+ on lights, just makes no sense to me. I'll probably just stop by pep boysand get some super whites. I stopped at auto zone yesterday though, and it looks like they don't even carry H1 lights, which is quite strange.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, and any other ideas you can think of, please let me know!

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Well to each his own, but to me there's nothing sweeter than seeing that pure blue light turning to pure white as its passing by. I do wonder where the price comes from, all it is is a bulb and a ballast.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Grant, if you don't wanna spend the $ on true HIDs, I don't fault you at all. There are plenty of adequate light bulbs out there. Just keep in mind if you want the HID-look, you will be buying bulbs that will most likely wear out quicker than standard halogen bulbs. It will get pricey after a while. HID systems, by comparison, should last you the lifetime of the car, perhaps even longer. Anyway, as a suggestion, if you find a modification you're interested in, do a search first in the appropriate topic area. There will probably be at least 2-7 identical/similar topics already in existence. Also, read the FAQs in each topic area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
sliver6auto
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing