Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i can confirm 3rd Gen 6 H&Rs fit on a 3rd Gen 3. But i have an issue with the left rear shock seemingly rust welded to the stud and the stud wont move since it only has a measly little 8mm hex on the end, so you cant really apply any torque.

Any tips or thoughts other than an oxy/acet torch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Assuming you already tried penetrating oil or a rust remover, you could get a cheap 8mm hex socket from Harbor Freight and JB weld it to the bolt.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you already tried penetrating oil or a rust remover, you could get a cheap 8mm hex socket from Harbor Freight and JB weld it to the bolt.
Yea and after i posted, i thought about the 2 nut trick too. If i get the stud out, ill just change to a bolt instead. And then maybe plug the other end of the hole with silicone to prevent the end from rusting.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've had good luck with pb blaster, heat gun and vice grips.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had good luck with pb blaster, heat gun and vice grips.
I neglected to mention the propane torch... ;) I may have to break out a ball joint separator if my dad had one. Ill figure it out, i was just really tired and in pain and not thinking straight lol. Plus frustrated over not finishing the job in one go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts