Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H&R Lowering Springs are now available for the 2003+ Mazda6. These will be avaiable for purchase through our online store when it opens in the next week or so. Estimated lowering is 1.4" in the front, and around 1.2" in the rear. Cost will be $299 + Shipping, List price is $350 for this set of 4 springs.

If anyone is eager to buy these springs before our store opens, just send me an email and we can conduct the transaction over the phone.

Thanks,

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'H&R Sport Springs Now Available'

Sweet. That's going to be the perfect drop for this car. Give us pics when you get them installed on one. I'm sure to get them once my order comes in.

This is actually the only thing I can see changing right away. Wheel gap has always been a little bit of a pet peeve to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Hi guys,

for those of you in Australia, 4 days ago I hooked up with "King Springs" (major spring manufactuer) and had fitted a set of lowered springs front and back (their prototypes) to test them for them.

Ride height has dropped about 40mm.
Ride is noticably stiffer when cornering.
Ride cumfort has changed marginally with a little more feed back over bumps.

I love the way it looks and I'm very happy with the way it rides (is still more cumfortable than my r33 skyline)

Because my 6 was the first to trial the springs I was charge very little. They (King Springs) said 4 springs fitted should normally cost around A$500 (Australian, about $250 u.s.a) from regular supliers, but most advertisments quote around A$350.

I've taken some digital pic's that i'll put up soon.

Thanx, see ya.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Would a drop this aggressive (compared to the rather mild 20 mm Mazdaspeed drop) require additional hardware to properly align? Or does the stock suspension setup allow for enough camber adjustment. I never change springs without an alignment... there's no point, really.

Also, would the stock shocks be up to the higher spring rates, or do you recommend aftermarket (perhaps Mazdaspeed- but they're pricey!)?

Are these springs progressive rate? Will Eibach be offering springs?

thanks,
-Alt

·
Registered
464 Posts

Originally posted by Altersys

Would a drop this aggressive (compared to the rather mild 20 mm Mazdaspeed drop) require additional hardware to properly align?  Or does the stock suspension setup allow for enough camber adjustment.  I never change springs without an alignment... there's no point, really.

Also, would the stock shocks be up to the higher spring rates, or do you recommend aftermarket (perhaps Mazdaspeed- but they're pricey!)?  

Are these springs progressive rate?  Will Eibach be offering springs?

thanks,
-Alt[/b]
I'm wondering the same thing. With bigger drops you tend to lose shock/strut travel and many times need aftermarket shocks/struts like KYB AGX's or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts

thats alot for just springs, they better step down on prices for aftermarket parts on the 6 or i must change my mind about owning one. this isnt exactly a corvette or supra we have here. ive seen some other prices on our parts and they are crazy.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i'll drop mines after i put 18's on this mofo. don't wanna drop it then try to put 18's on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts

You should lower your car first then fit 18s so that you know that you've got the offset correct for your rims. Otherwise, it's more problematic to do panel beating to get the fenders to fit the rims.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by Nikolai

thats alot for just springs, they better step down on prices for aftermarket parts on the 6 or i must change my mind about owning one. this isnt exactly a corvette or supra we have here. ive seen some other prices on our parts and they are crazy.[/b]
prices will come down. what do you expect with a brand new car that no one has really started making parts for yet. the parts are new and few, therefore the prices will be naturally high

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replying to Topic 'H

It's only the first month of 2003 and they wonder why prices are so hi :sarc
That's why I'm keeping mine all stock until at LEAST 8 months. Only mods is paint protection and tint .

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I agree.. Prices will come down in time.. Normal prices for a set of Eibach springs is generally around $225 and H&R springs cost around $250-$270 or so at retail prices. Just give it time. Once more people start buying the cars and these aftermarket manufacturers can build their parts in higher quantities, then prices will drop...

Nikolas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts