Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part number 52611. As far as I can tell, they are specific to the Mazdaspeed6. Any idea of where to get them? This might be just what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
398 Posts
site??

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just called H&R and they told me they're still being developed for our car. No specifics on it. Wierd they list a part number on H&R's site.

·
Registered
123 Posts
H&R springs are available. At least in Europe, don't know about the States. Product code: 29311-5. Price: 270 Euros (~350USD)

edit: there's also an adjustable H&R coilover kit available for the 6 MPS. Height adjustment in front 30-70mm, and in back 30-60mm. Price: 1170 Euros (~1490USD) I'm thinking of buying one :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They told me they were still under development a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anything new on this? I visited their website and I can't find anything listed for the MS6. Since I can't do anything else to the motor before someone comes out with real tuing software I want to do all of my suspension work now while I wait. I would really like a set of good coilovers soon. I have used the search function and really can't come to any solid conclusions on what you guys might recomend. I would even just go with lowering springs and new shocks, but it seems damn near impossible to find anything specificaly made for this car. Any help would be great

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 29311 part number is for the regular 6. As far as the 52611 it is list on their website, but I can't find anyone who sells them yet.

·
Registered
803 Posts
sounds liek a perfect drop for me, and the price is right between the rpm springs and auto-exe's. where should i start looking for these? does anyoen know someone in europe who might be able to send them over for the right price?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
sounds liek a perfect drop for me, and the price is right between the rpm springs and auto-exe's. where should i start looking for these? does anyoen know someone in europe who might be able to send them over for the right price?[/b]
EDIT... misread.

·
Registered
803 Posts
i've been trying to get in contact with a friend of mine who is stationed in germany. maybe he'll be able to give me some more info on these, as well as availibility and shipping rates

·
Registered
363 Posts
Anything new on this? I visited their website and I can't find anything listed for the MS6. Since I can't do anything else to the motor before someone comes out with real tuing software I want to do all of my suspension work now while I wait. I would really like a set of good coilovers soon. I have used the search function and really can't come to any solid conclusions on what you guys might recomend. I would even just go with lowering springs and new shocks, but it seems damn near impossible to find anything specificaly made for this car. Any help would be great[/b]
I found this site doing a search for springs. If you search mazdaspeed it will bring up H&R coilovers for $1076.40. thats not a bad price. I contacted them to see if they can get the springs also. Im waiting for a reply.

https://secure1.nexternal.com/shared/StoreF...ount2=417457222

·
Registered
398 Posts
Anyone check into the coilovers? I emailed them to get some technical specs.

·
Registered
393 Posts
-bump-

I like the way that price looks - any new info?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Got some info back from their sales dept:

it is a direct bolt in kit, and that the adjustment range is 1.2-2.5” lower than stock in the front and 1.0-2.3 lower in the rear. In general with this type of kit, the spring rates are around double that of the stock springs.

I'm not that technical so if someone else that is can weigh in on whether this is good or not would be great!

·
Registered
86 Posts
my biggest problem with the coilover is that they damping is not adjustable, just height, so this is in essence like a TEIN Super Street kit (which is much cheaper BTW). The springs aren't out in the US yet.

·
Registered
477 Posts
my biggest problem with the coilover is that they damping is not adjustable, just height, so this is in essence like a TEIN Super Street kit (which is much cheaper BTW). The springs aren't out in the US yet.[/b]
Tein super street are adjustable for rebound. Its the Tein basic that is not adjustable for damping.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm guessing these coilovers are out now that they are listed on Streetunit.com http://www.streetunit.com/H_R_Tunable_Susp...t_p/29278-6.htm

They are cheaper on the site posted on the first page though. These look like a good option for coilovers, since they are really the only ones that are made for the MS6 for that cheap. I know they don't have adjustable shocks but if they are already damped properly for the spring then you shouldn't need to be changing the dampening anyway. Too bad they are listed as progressive springs...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just curious, if you install coil overs on the 6, do you just remove the rear springs? How does it work?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts