Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm saving up for the KW's but the H&R's are bit more affordable because they are non-adjustable, so I'm considering these too. H&R has lots of experience with inboard springs, working with BMW's, and thier racing experience gives them street credibility. Anyone know the spring rate on these?

Here's a link to the site.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Looks great, can't wait to see what the price will be in USD...

My AutoEXE springs aren't going anywhere, but hopefully this will bring more parts into the market....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i can't wait for a good set of springs for our car that isn't going to cost me $500. teins have always been good so a set of h-tech's eventually would work out for me.

·
Registered
820 Posts
it says on their site that the coilovers are the same part number for all 6's (29278-1). this isn't a specific MPS part. If you want to use the site click on your link, then in the address bar where it says "sprache=de" change it to "sprache=en" voila! you have the site in english.
there are MPS specific springs though. part number 29311-5

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
it says on their site that the coilovers are the same part number for all 6's (29278-1). this isn't a specific MPS part. If you want to use the site click on your link, then in the address bar where it says "sprache=de" change it to "sprache=en" voila! you have the site in english.
[/b]
cool...looks like it only lowers it 35mm or about 1.4"
what do the autoexe springs lower the MS6?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/b]
yes this is the normal Mazda6 part number that you'll find everywhere, but they are using it on the MPS as well, similar to KW and HKS, you would use the Mazda6 part # for those options as well. What i would like to know is what the spring rate is on these.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hot pic...

That pic gives the car a REALLY aggressive looking stance... let's hope the performance is still there.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, "scandinavian". :) It's swedish. :D

But, it doesn't say very much. It is for the Mazda6 MPS, and lowers the car 35mm. It's quite cheap I must say, about $320. And, it's in stock! :) I think you already knew all this, but still.
[/b]
sorry Outsider, i didn't mean to offend with my ignorance. I was looking in the "about us" section of the site and saw "Scandanavian" and forgot that means "Swedish".

·
Registered
219 Posts
sorry Outsider, i didn't mean to offend with my ignorance. I was looking in the "about us" section of the site and saw "Scandanavian" and forgot that means "Swedish".
[/b]
No problems! I just thought it was a little funny. I'll make this a little more clear for those who don't know. Scandinavia is a couple of countries in the northern part of Europe. These are Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland.

Any confirmation on the spring rates compared to stock MS6 springs? Are they linear or progressive?
[/b]
I'll send them a mail and ask if they know what they are selling.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I think H&R uses progressive springs, but I'm not 100% sure. In any event, H&R apparently makes some awesome stuff for the Australian folks, but these German coilovers don't appear to be anything special. They appear to be non-adjustable twin-tube shocks similar to Tein Basics. They could be valved better than Tein Basics and that wouldn't be saying much, but I suspect it would be worth spending the few hundred extra on HKS or KW coilovers.

I don't have any concrete data on these things, just a strong hunch.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've just got a reply from SCstyling, they said the springs were progressive, like Stretch thought. But they also states that H&R don't provide any information regarding spring rates.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thanks for the headup OUtsider. I was keeping an eye on this coilover from H&R hoping it has a good fixed and stiffer rate for our MPS. But looks like I can pass it up.

In any event, H&R apparently makes some awesome stuff for the Australian folks

[/b]
Stretch, could you elaborate more about what they are?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Stretch, could you elaborate more about what they are?
[/b]
There's a thread on here or 6tech. Some Australian guy ordered H&R coilovers. They were hugely expensive- like several thousand dollars! BUT, they came with multiple spring rates, and the customer was told to try them all and keep the ones he liked. The other two sets of springs were returned the factory. That's neat stuff, but a far cry from the product linked above.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I've come to conclude that all shocks, springs, coilovers are the same for the Mazda6 and Speed6.

You can put the Tein or HKS coilovers on the Speed6, no problem.

I've fitted a replacement KYB Mazda6 shock and a set of Tein springs on my Speed6, everything is great for the past 1100 miles.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I've come to conclude that all shocks, springs, coilovers are the same for the Mazda6 and Speed6.

You can put the Tein or HKS coilovers on the Speed6, no problem.

[/b]
Just because things bolt on the same doesn't mean they're designed to be the same.

I've fitted a replacement KYB Mazda6 shock and a set of Tein springs on my Speed6, everything is great for the past 1100 miles.
[/b]
Way to downgrade! KYB's are OEM stock Mazda 6 replacements. Recall that the MS6's front dampening force increased 25% over the stock Mazda6. In essence you just downgraded your dampening rate.

It always amazes me how many MS6 guys are willing to waste away their upgraded stiffer suspension. Maybe I was wrong in thinking that there will be no market for my used Tanabe NF's when I switch over to Mazdaspeed springs.

Personally, I want this scenario to turn out: Aftermarket springs designed with the MS6 spring rate in mind get released to the public. Realizing that these MS6 springs could potentially be 30-40% stiffer than the Mazda6 springs (and with a good drop to boot), the aftermarket MS6 suspension parts start being used by Mazda6 guys to make the car a helluva turner. Looks and performance! Who would've thunk!

Unfortunately, that scenario is waning given the fact that MS6 guys seem to be content with using V6 springs. :/

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i've still been contemplating the megan racing springs with koni's as a potential solution as they seem to be the stiffest rates of all the V6 options (335/250) even though they are progressive. my concern is whether or not the koni's will have enough shock travel to compensate for the 2" drop. Stretch do you know how much shorter the shock body is on the koni's over stock?

also, if i were to put aftermarket springs on the car and it reduced the life of the stock shocks, could i still get them replaced under warranty if i swapped back the stock springs before taking it in for inspection?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just because things bolt on the same doesn't mean they're designed to be the same.
Way to downgrade! KYB's are OEM stock Mazda 6 replacements. Recall that the MS6's front dampening force increased 25% over the stock Mazda6. In essence you just downgraded your dampening rate.

It always amazes me how many MS6 guys are willing to waste away their upgraded stiffer suspension. Maybe I was wrong in thinking that there will be no market for my used Tanabe NF's when I switch over to Mazdaspeed springs.

Unfortunately, that scenario is waning given the fact that MS6 guys seem to be content with using V6 springs. :/
[/b]
This is v ery funny. Patience people. The RIGHT parts will come out at the RIGHT time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts