Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked Tire Rack and they are now listing (with a big NEW! logo) H&R coilovers for the 2009/2010 Mazda 6. Here's a link:

H&R Street-Perf. Coil-Over

Not cheap at $1085.00, but if this really does fit the Gen 2 it is the first coil-over I've found for our cars (and, in fact, the first high-performance shocks - the only aftermarket shock available that I have found is a stock replacement from KYB).

Personally I was hoping for a set of adjustable shocks and progressive rate replacement springs for simplicity, as I have never gone the coil-over route (I'm especially concerned because in the rear the top shock mount on our car was not designed for spring loads, and with a coilover that mounting area will be holding up the back of the car).

If anyone decides to try these, PLEASE report back to us on how well they work!

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's REALLY steep -- you could get into custom wound springs and other work for that price. If it's not listed on H&R's website though, I wouldn't trust it.

Eibach was listing their springs differently for the V6 (vs the I4) last I knew, so that's another concern.

Good luck either way.

-Ernie

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's REALLY steep -- you could get into custom wound springs and other work for that price. If it's not listed on H&R's website though, I wouldn't trust it.

Eibach was listing their springs differently for the V6 (vs the I4) last I knew, so that's another concern.

Good luck either way.

-Ernie
when i looked it up on tirerack, the eibachs had the same part number for i4 and v6...

·
Registered
659 Posts
when i looked it up on tirerack, the eibachs had the same part number for i4 and v6...
They updated it then --- that's good news. 2 independent setups works against us, that's for sure.

Douchebag afermarketers usually favor the loser slushboxes anyhow . . . err, I mean it works against us :D :D :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
don't hate on us "slushboxes"....
Don't worry. One year from now if Mazda doesn't pull a new MazdaSpeed6 out of their asses I'll be driving a Ford Taurus SHO (which only comes in a DCT auto . . .).

Saaaaad sad sad. Oh well. I need an LSD and more power . . .

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had a 1988 Mercury (Ford) Cougar that the famed Sajeev Mehta won't let me live down ;) Sadly, I don't read his stuff anymore because TTAC employs the puss-weeping wound that is Cammy Corrigan. In the web 2.0 days you can report on cars drive a Yaris.

Admit it -- you guys are going to miss my non-sequitorial rants ;) Sorry for the thread drift 6Ecar--- wasn't my intention.

·
Registered
659 Posts
you havent even left yet but your talking about how we are gonna miss you? lol.
That's true; I'll just disappear one day . . . no one will *really* miss me . . . I'll just be annoying new people elsewhere. And I'll be complaining about my new car :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
-Ernie
I called H&R USA and they said they weren't aware of a setup for the Gen 2, nor could they find the manufacturer's part number Tire Rack listed. Note that availability says "custom order." Not sure what that means. In any case, I will wait for Koni or someone to make good shocks then change the springs (probably go with Eibach).

·
Registered
658 Posts
I called H&R USA and they said they weren't aware of a setup for the Gen 2, nor could they find the manufacturer's part number Tire Rack listed. Note that availability says "custom order." Not sure what that means. In any case, I will wait for Koni or someone to make good shocks then change the springs (probably go with Eibach).
have you tried contact tire rack directly?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.