Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a custom H&K iPod setup installed in the dash of a Mazdaspeed6... A few people asked for pics... so i'll link them this thread... everyone else feel free to hate and flame as thats what forum trolls do best! =)

The screen is mounted in the center of the console as you can see below. And the controls for the ipod are to the left near the ignition.

The iPod itself is stored in the upper compartment in the center console. It plugs in via the data jack on the bottom and provides full MP3 quality sound output along with full control over the menu, play, pause, track, stop.. and other such features on the ipod.

It all comes together under the passenger seat. The cleansweep is used to pull a signal off the stock bose deck AND as an aux-input option for the iPod setup. the H&K Module outputs sound via a left and right stereo jack which connects to the aux-input on the cleansweep. The other device shown is a crossover used for the front door speakers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
cool idea but what about updating the ipod, like adding music or playlist? I guess you could use a laptop, let us know how you do the updating

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummm guess i could take pictures of that...

But the iPod plugs into the system like it does to a PC... so you unplug the iPod... and take it wherever... Basically this system turns your entire car into an iPod speaker system... like those little things you see on TV or at Target... iPod plugs into car... car speakers act like headphones more or less... Only instead of using headphone jack.. it uses the data port on the bottom of the iPod to allow the screen i show above to display song information.. track.. duration.. all that good stuff...

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm assuming your using the FM relay? Looks good though. You gave me an idea for my customers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ummm guess i could take pictures of that...

But the iPod plugs into the system like it does to a PC... so you unplug the iPod... and take it wherever... Basically this system turns your entire car into an iPod speaker system... like those little things you see on TV or at Target... iPod plugs into car... car speakers act like headphones more or less... Only instead of using headphone jack.. it uses the data port on the bottom of the iPod to allow the screen i show above to display song information.. track.. duration.. all that good stuff...
[/b]
I gotcha...I thought you had ther ipod itself mounted in the dash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts