Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows how many times this has been brought up, as I didnt run a search. Im bored and figured Id open it up for new discussion.

Anyway: Ive thought about thowing a few go fast goodies on my 6i just to see if I can get a little more daily driven fun out of it. Ive modded a lot of cars but never a NA 4cyl. How much could the 2.3 realy respond to modification?

When I bought the car, I decided to check auto zone for a K&N. Suprisingly eneough they had one in stock, so I picked it up. Installed it and gutted the box just for fun. Im thinking how much better could a CAI really be?

I also thought about a magnaflow catback.. but, again... the 6 has a throaty sound to it anyway. It must be a better flowing design than they use on the 3, bc its noticably louder. I drove both when I looked at DDs. When dealing wi a NA 2.3, how much better could it be with a little more flow??

·
Registered
635 Posts
the gutted airbox mod will not give you any significant power gains, just more sound ... CAI will give you power + sound ...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm not sure on the 6i but on the 6s I had the airbox mod before getting my CAI and I notice a difference. I felt that the airbox mod was more for sound.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
There used to be a dyno somewhere that showed the airbox mod on a v6 I think it was gained like 2 HP, but who knows... LOL
[/b]
The 6i gained like 5hp or something like that, plus the sound, with the airbox mod. I can feel when it gets cooler outside my car does have a little more power than it used to. Everytime I'm taking off from a stop, I'm chirping and I'm not even hitting the gas that hard..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts