Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reading Topic: Gun Metal

Check out the thread titled "I am starting to think nothing looks good..." in the wheels section of this forum. There are pics of gun metal on steel gray. I don't like it myself but that's just personal preference.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Gun Metal'

Yeah although there are different types of gunmetal. Some different shades. Anthracite is one gunmetal shade that come to mind.

I like these in gunmetal.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ok well i thought blending the color of the car with the rim would be cool. Now i don't think so. I want something with a light color. A chrome rim would be nice however i have heard they are very heavy.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Gun Metal'

Originally posted by atom44wat

ok well i thought blending the color of the car with the rim would be cool.  Now i don't think so.  I want something with a light color.  A chrome rim would be nice however i have heard they are very heavy.[/b]
There are some lightweight chrome wheels out there, two that come to mind are Volk Racing and Antera Wheels.

Antera makes the following wheels in the proper offset and lug pattern/spacing:

Type 181
Type 309
Type 321
Type 323
Type 183

181 and 183 are about my fave out of that, though the curved design of the 181 doesn't quite agree with me.

www.cecwheels.com

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

I think the gunmetal rims look much better w/ the polished lip. Its just my opinion but I think it separates the tire from the rim. Thats what I'm getting for my lapis blue 6.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

i have a set of 17 gunmetal that i will be putting on my new 6s, until I bug the dealer enough to get the slow poke cargo to the dealer, all you guys just have to wait for my pic!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.