Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Guess what!'

Originally posted by applejax

It is an implied board rule that when you buy a '6, you must post pics.[/b]
Not implied. Spoken. In print letter. Like this.

POST PICS IMMEDIATELY, OR ELSE...

:D :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Happy? That's my 1990 Celica next to it. If you all were more patient you could have had a daytime shot!

·
Registered
146 Posts

Very nice - congrats! Looks like mine does; hoping and praying I too will have mine next week....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Why is it so dark? It would be nice to have a daytime shot when we can actually see you car. :p

Lookin' good, even in the dark.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Actually, we were very patient. Look, you even got to drive it home first!

Ofcourse, we expect daytime shots also. I notice that the color of your other car is familiar to the one you picked for the 6. Or at least it looks so to me...:)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by arock

stretchsje: Were you able to buy 17" wheels as an accessory?[/b]
Yes, though I haven't yet. The salesman said the Mazda 17" alloys have an MSRP of just over $140 each with the caps being $7 each extra. The 16" alloys were $220 or so, oddly. I haven't decided if I'm going to do this or go the aftermarket route.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Thanks stretchsje. When you have a chance could you list all the features you got and the price you paid?

Also, if the 16" cost more I wonder if Mazda would give me the 17" wheels instead of the 16" if I were to get the Premium Package? Probably not...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I opted for no options except the ULEV equipment. Price was $400 over invoice - $500 college grad rebate. With the money saved from the premium/sport packages, I'm going to get my own alloys, alarm, and speakers. I'm not a tuner, and will get simple, classy alloys if not the factory ones.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Nice red color!

Only the interior.. brown? Is that normal for the NA version?
I think i like my black/grey better :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

It's beige/brown/titanium- the standard beige interior for NA. It was my favorite of all the interiors- it contrasts nicely and gives a nice 3 tone look. To each their own, I guess.

The pictures hardly do justice to the red. I love this color.
-

Some thoughts at 200 miles that I didn't have at 8 miles-

The 4cyl manual combo just seems faster and faster the more I drive it... and I'm hardly pushing the engine until it's broken-in.

Ride is very firm, but road imperfections are absorbed well. Love the ride more and more.

The speed sensitive volume control is neat, but the car is too quiet at speed for this to be useful. The car is very quiet unless revved- then the engine lets loose.

Car heats up extremely quickly. Even quicker than my wife's Camry.

The bad-

Rear speakers suck- obviously not a two-way design. Almost all the sound comes from the front speakers, which sound better. With the bass and treble up (factory setting); it sounds tolerable. I have high audio standards though- their Bose system sounded awful to me too.

I'm not as good at driving stick as I remembered.

Every now and then I hear a rattle coming from the passenger's side. Haven't located it yet, as it comes and goes.

The fusebox cover was in the armrest storage when I got the car.

·
Registered
146 Posts

The new pics are great!

As for the color; you choose it here in NA. I got my Red 6 coming with black interior and leather too! I cannot wait!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts