Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a CAI that will also be guaranteed to not throw a CEL. Check out the products that AGP currently makes at agpturbo.com

While I cannot say a definate price right now, it will definately be cheaper than both the CPE and the AEM intake.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thats cool, lots of companies are taking intrest in the ms6. How about some AGP Turbo upgrades now :drive:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i'm definitely in for a CAI. brand isn't completely immaterial, but if it's high quality and no CEL. . . i'm interested to find out more.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i dont see any CAIs on their site. i only clicked through half of the cars there, but if they do have an existing one, could u point it out to me? id like to see what they look like. im definitely interested, but would like to see some work and numbers if possible.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would definatly be interested. There needs to be some competition to keep prices friendly. $200ish price point would be awesome.

Kyran

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
An intake that could cause a CEL would be fine... if there was a fuel tuner available to correct it. Competition is great, but an intake that requires tuning is rather useless before the tuning is available.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Cheaper than CP-E and AEM, if it comes in polished, count me in for 1.

Jason

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
An intake that could cause a CEL would be fine... if there was a fuel tuner available to correct it. Competition is great, but an intake that requires tuning is rather useless before the tuning is available.
[/b]
I think dabears said in his first post it would be guaranteed not to throw a CEL. If they can make this guarantee happen I would definately be interested.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
if it has a decent price and decent performance gains then count me in. Especialy after CP-E raised their price.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I think dabears said in his first post it would be guaranteed not to throw a CEL. If they can make this guarantee happen I would definately be interested.
[/b]
Ah, sorry- I misread. I thought it said they could not guarantee it. Well, in any event, I'm skeptical of anyone who can make this claim (even CPE's new Xcel, though I know how much R&D went into it) given that no intake yet exists for the standard '6 that has lived up to such expectations!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Even more importantly than a CAI, I would love to see AGP get on with things in regards to the FMIC. That seems to be quite an issue with our cars. AGP's bread and butter of course is in turbos/intercoolers and would love to get an FMIC from them if possible. CAI's are great yes, I have one, but the FMIC seems more like a fix/remedy to an existing problem. The interwarmer I'm sure does wonders for our pre-detonation issue.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
The whole intercooler situation gets quite complex.

I don't like FMIC's on cars that have the exhaust ports on the rear. That adds a lot of piping and thus lag. However, a bigger TMIC wouldn't work because the hood doesn't flow and the air has nowhere to exit to.

I'm somewhat perplexed as to what a good intercooling solution for the Mazdaspeed will be, but I agree, that's a much better place to put one's resources.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
VMIC? :huh:
[/b]
a VMIC is a v-mounted IC. it sits at say a 45 degree angle in the front-top area of the engine. it doesnt require the long piping of a FMIC, and doesnt heat soak like a TMIC. flow across the VMIC is just like a FMIC, and can be ducted to exit out of vents i.e. evo hood. and since it is not directly above the engine, but rather above the intake manifold area, a smaller amount of heat rises into it than a TMIC. only issue is space under the hood. i think some rx-7s had them. u can try searching on google.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I would expect a VMIC to be best for this application (minimal piping = less lag, better airflow = less heat soak), however it doesn't look like there is enough room.
[/b]
there might be. ripping all that ducting under the hood will definitely give some space. the core would have to be long rather than wide and not much more surface area than the current TMIC. ive been designing one, but its still in the CAD phase. i still have to measure under the hood.

heres a photo of a VMIC on a rx-7.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
13 Participants
toybiz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing