Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the gauge and i need soem gauges. I think i decided on voltage, oil temp and water temp since IM NA. My question is which guages look the best and match the stock redish oragne leds. Also im not looking to spend 90 bux per gauge since its more of looks then practicality.

Also if you have the pod and like thelook of your gauges feel free to post the pics.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I have the Autometer Sport Comp Gauges with the Red cover on the bulb. I'm looking into replacing the bulb with a Red LED to match the stock gauges even more.

Here's what mine look like now, I know it's not focused but you can use it as a colour comparison.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the prosport electronic boost gauge. Seems to make pretty damn good. looks better in person. All my friends like it.

and its showing 12 psi, because I didn't have it fully hooked up yet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
sorry here is the link for the prosport. Also its the standard size, what 52mm or something like that. I had to dremel the hole on the gauge pod just a cunt hair to get the gauge to fit in.

http://prosportgauges.com/index.htm
[/b]

I haven't heard someone use cunt hair as a measurement in a long time. Thank you for reminding me of that. I used to work with a guy that use that term 9-10 times a day.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Lotek Gauge Pods - Website & Prices
Lotek Gauge Pod for the 6 - PIC

The gauges I would get would be the SPWs X7 Series (7 LED colors / Smoke when un-lit) .
Any SPW guys here have those .. or you have another series like the IS Series , etc. ?
How does the red in the SPW X7s compare to the Electro Luminescent 6's gauges ? Is the LED Gauges more of TRUE-RED , than orangish-red like the EL from the 6 ?

I found those on Ebay for 25$ but shipping is 20$
Way more expensive HERE

Check out THESE really special Autometer NEXUS gauges ....but don't check the price ;it will kill you ! Once on the site click TEST DRIVE clicky for full demonstration

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah thats the ones i have is the smoke ones the 7 series the red is really almost right on to the rest of the car. there is an orange so the red is pretty sold

·
Registered
137 Posts
here you go 6 pack i just got done taking these and it is about 11 at night so sorry for the bad pics they are chrome outlined so that looks nice the 2 left ones match they are the pressure and volt and the third one air ratio if you need better pics let me know i can e mail them to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Good pics TommyBoy :) The red doesn't look too much off with the rest (how's brightness compared ?) .... hey if you ever want to match those silver rings ; try the MAZDASPEED 6's speedometer/rpm rings as I found out at the dealer they are grooved in the same manner .

Tell me , where and how much it cost you just for the gauges , then again the pod , the labor ($ + how many hours ?) and who did it ? $$$ total so I can get an idea .
Did you have to break the original map pocket to get it out and how hard is re-install of the gauige pod ? I guess you need to take apart part of the dash ?
Also where did you plug your fittings on the engine ? So you have Oil Pressure / Volts / Air Ratio .... that last one you can spare me as I am NA , not S/C . Guess you got a Turbo under there ... is it a Speed 6 ? 'cause your gauge Cluster is not Electro Luminescent as in the MS6 .

Tell me your impressions what you like/dislike about 'em (SPW X7 + Lotek Pod) and what you would change to ? Are you getting used to the smooth finish compared to the ridged dash ? How's color match to the dash with the pod ? Does it allign satisfactorily ? In your first pic it seems one gauge is not pointing in same direction like the next two ! Am I seeing things !?
The SPW X7 supposed to be memory for the colors so that every time you turn ignition on they return to the last color chosen , right ? Another member , I think had the first Gen. ones , and hated it to always put it back to red going through all the colors with the button ! Oh and how long you had'em and I guess warranty is like a year ??

I'd like to get Oil Pressure / Oil Temp. / Water Temp.

Thx for the pics ; very cool on your part !
Once all these questions answered ; it will make a worthy thread , eh !? :yesnod:

·
Registered
137 Posts
here are the pics of the spw gauges durring the day off/ on they have a button on them to change the color to what ever you want blue/red/green/white/purple/orange/yellow

i used velcro to fasten down the lotek so if i needed to make any changes i could. i labeled all of the wires then i ran them down the the driver side. I then tucked the wires up useing zip ties. on the last pic i carfully drilled a hole to run the wires, the best place for me was right in between the clutch and the big glob of wires running through the fire wall.

the red wire you see is the live wire that i ran into the fuse box for when i turn the key the gauges turn on. Under the hood i have 2 wires going to the battery one is the volt meter the other is the air flow. The black hose is a hose i bought from auto zone for the pressure gauge i ran it all the way back to the fire wall under the engine cover. in the back of every thing i hooked up the air flow to my o2 sensor.

I did all of the labor myself so it didnt cost anything, it took maybe around 3 - 4 hours. the gauges i got off ebay for about 35 a peace including shipping. the loteck i think cost about 60.

If you need more info i can help this is just a quick write up.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts