Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=61975&st=0

i did mention it a while back on that thread, thought not a lot of talk about it. keep in mind, as i've said elsewhere, these headers are designed for the 2.0 and "work" on the 2.3. not that this is a bad thing, but i personally would hold out for a header designed for the 2.3.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
it shouldnt be too long until F2 releases their headers.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
GT SPEC also does not have this in stock and has said that they would only consider importing them if there was sufficient demand. So far, there hasn't been.

·
Registered
375 Posts
if they can get 8hp out of a 2.0 they could prob get about 10 out of this engine

thats really not bad for a 2.3 header

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
not to burst anyone's bubble, but feel is completely different that reality. for some owners, we could say that these headers made 15hp and they'd put it on and feel every single one of those ponies.....were they there, nope, but it felt like it.

a lot of it has to do with where the power is made as well. when i had the headers on my car it felt great, but to me, it was most fun on the top end. but when i got back on the dyno, i had added 14hp by 4k or so, and added perhaps 1hp (read one) on the top end. but since i was getting there so quick and it was so smooth, i thought i had more.

in that, if people want to buy stuff according to how it feels, then that's great, and i honestly believe that's how it should be. but let not knock other products until it's #'s vs. #'s rather than fact vs. feeling.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I make that claim under my opinion of course. And I make that by remembering the difference between my stock 6 and then after installing the cpe intake. So at least I'm going on something.

Hed, I'm thinking of making 2 when I make another template this winter. Making headers is fun!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I make that claim under my opinion of course. And I make that by remembering the difference between my stock 6 and then after installing the cpe intake. So at least I'm going on something.

Hed, I'm thinking of making 2 when I make another template this winter. Making headers is fun!!
[/b]
how much to get you to craft me a set while you are at it? I'll even pay in advance if need be. I know you can be trusted.

·
Registered
232 Posts
not to burst anyone's bubble, but feel is completely different that reality. for some owners, we could say that these headers made 15hp and they'd put it on and feel every single one of those ponies.....were they there, nope, but it felt like it.

a lot of it has to do with where the power is made as well. when i had the headers on my car it felt great, but to me, it was most fun on the top end. but when i got back on the dyno, i had added 17hp by 4k or so, and added perhaps 1hp (read one) on the top end. but since i was getting there so quick and it was so smooth, i thought i had more.

in that, if people want to buy stuff according to how it feels, then that's great, and i honestly believe that's how it should be. but let not knock other products until it's #'s vs. #'s rather than fact vs. feeling.
[/b]
gee, Mr. "I turbo'd everything out the ying yang" Tea (no disrespect :D ) 17hp is SoOooOoOo little...I'd kill for that number...which is why I'm getting those headers... :tear: hopefully before they all run out...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
hopefully you won't get those headers, power dropped back to stock after 5800 or so, leaving peak hp the same.

Ricardo's new setup is pretty trick, the focus guys have all liked it so far. and i wouldn't worry about running out, he'll keep em going if people actually buy em.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
hopefully you won't get those headers, power dropped back to stock after 5800 or so, leaving peak hp the same.

Ricardo's new setup is pretty trick, the focus guys have all liked it so far. and i wouldn't worry about running out, he'll keep em going if people actually buy em.
[/b]
Where, and/or how do I go about inquiring abuot getting something like Ricardo and the focus guys have?

I tried to search... But nothing for Ricardo game back LoL....

·
Registered
232 Posts

[/b]
what?, there's a focus header that works on the us?...wouldn't it be backwards?....oh :swearin: ...are you kidding?...there's barely, no...no headers out there for us and when we DO find them...they're not worth it?....thats great...are there ANY headers that do work on the MZR and ARE worth getting them.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
it shouldnt be too long until F2 releases their headers.
[/b]

I CALLED F2 ABOUT 2,3 WEEKS AGO. THERE SAYIN BY THE END OF NOVEMBER THEY WILL BE SELLING THE HEADER FOR OUR 2.3'S. IT'LL BE STAINLESS, (BOOOOOO FOR THAT). BUT I CANT WAIT, GONNA HAVE TO MOD THE MID-PIPE. OH WELL.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I CALLED F2 ABOUT 2,3 WEEKS AGO. THERE SAYIN BY THE END OF NOVEMBER THEY WILL BE SELLING THE HEADER FOR OUR 2.3'S. IT'LL BE STAINLESS, (BOOOOOO FOR THAT). BUT I CANT WAIT, GONNA HAVE TO MOD THE MID-PIPE. OH WELL.
[/b]
November?...is that a sure thing?...end of november would be PERFECT!!!... :drool: :tear: dare I ask, how much?...oh, and whats F2's website...thats assuming they have one, I have to see this for myself...

a lot of it has to do with where the power is made as well. when i had the headers on my car it felt great, but to me, it was most fun on the top end. but when i got back on the dyno, i had added 17hp by 4k or so, and added perhaps 1hp (read one) on the top end. but since i was getting there so quick and it was so smooth, i thought i had more.

[/b]
top horse power affected or not, did that car become quicker or not?...cause if it makes a noticable and effective gain, then its still worth it.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
November?...is that a sure thing?...end of november would be PERFECT!!!... :drool: :tear: dare I ask, how much?...oh, and whats F2's website...thats assuming they have one, I have to see this for myself...
top horse power affected or not, did that car become quicker or not?...cause if it makes a noticable and effective gain, then its still worth it.
[/b]

http://www.f2focus.com/phpwcms2/index.php?_ko2&osCsid=

thats the website, i think he said 400 bucks. not sure. but ya, seemed pretty confident bout end of november. man, ive waited what seems like 4ever for a damn header for this car. im gettin pretty sick and tired of waiting. so probly gonna purchase this one when done.

·
Registered
232 Posts
http://www.f2focus.com/phpwcms2/index.php?_ko2&osCsid=

thats the website, i think he said 400 bucks. not sure. but ya, seemed pretty confident bout end of november. man, ive waited what seems like 4ever for a damn header for this car. im gettin pretty sick and tired of waiting. so probly gonna purchase this one when done.
[/b]
yeah, but I heard its going to be a :swearin: to install, since its not directly made for "our" car...think all that work is worth a header?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i'd like to know who said it would be a bitch, as no one outside of me has had it on? i wouldn't count on November, i'd say January would be a better idea. he still has to get the final fab done on the car with the new stepped setup, then send it out to get produced. his new shop might be able to get some out asap, but usually there is a few week turn around time on them.

F2cars.com might have better info on it (by the way, Ricardo is the owner of F2)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts