Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just tried a Gtech pro SS but I can't get the RPM reading to work correctly...

Anyone else get it workin? I set the redline to 6700 rpm and then it ask to rev to 4000 and then 2000rpm and then select one of 32 settings... noone I've tried seems to work correctly

just played with it for a few min, best run so far is 5.3s 0-60mph and 230hp

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Hi, just tried a Gtech pro SS but I can't get the RPM reading to work correctly...

Anyone else get it workin? I set the redline to 6700 rpm and then it ask to rev to 4000 and then 2000rpm and then select one of 32 settings... noone I've tried seems to work correctly

[/b]

I went through this/had tech support on the phone numerous times - you have to connect it directly to the alternator. Also, the hp won't be accurate without a accurate rpm signal.

·
Registered
488 Posts

[/b]
I have the same problem with the Gtech RR. It reads, at best, about 700rpm too high, #8 seems to be the best setting. I was having the same problem with my 2006 MX5, it must have something to do with the Mazda ignition system. I have tried a few things and cannot get the RPMs to read correct, even tried lying to the Gtech during calibration.

I was going to contact Gtech directly, they have no E-mail system for contact. If you call them, let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
its not going to work. i ordered it installed it. i even called gtech and the guy on the phone told me what to do and even if you connect it directly to the alternator it wont work. return it , its a waste of time. go get your self the belltronic fx2 much better and cheaper as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts