Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally broke down and went BT. Now I'm looking for some AP MAPs for my, soon to be new, GT3071. Anyone have any they're willing to share? Or perhaps someone can give me advice on what MAP I should start with as a baseline for ATR?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
What map have you been using?

I could give you a few pointers.

Are you changing any of your intake with the new turbo aside from the inlet pipe? Maf cal is most important part of a map.

Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be putting the whole kit on.
Stage2+TIHFUCAI93 V102 is working good now.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I say use the same map for a baseline. If your maf diameter is changing, you'll need to calibrate it anyway.

It's also a good idea to always start out safe. Safe = richer afr at wot, lower load requests, and stick with the ots timeing.

Once you know that your maf is dialed in, you can start working on other aspects of the tune.

Reactions: ms6_Wolf

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'll pretend like I know what some of that means, lol. I really haven't messed with ATR all that much so this'll be my first attemp. I've looked at enough DL's to know what I'm looking for it's just playing with the software to get to that point. Thanks for the help, perhaps you'll be willing to skim over my DL's after the install.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Ok, I'll pretend like I know what some of that means, lol. I really haven't messed with ATR all that much so this'll be my first attemp. I've looked at enough DL's to know what I'm looking for it's just playing with the software to get to that point. Thanks for the help, perhaps you'll be willing to skim over my DL's after the install.
DJ def knows what he's talking about. Do yourself a HUGE favor, and read the helpfile that comes with the ATR software until it sinks in. Even if you end up getting a Pro-tune, I definitely think it's worthwhile to learn this stuff. You can avoid serious mistakes. Also, join mazdaspeed forums . com as there is a lot of tuning info on there. Finally, just be cautious, ask a lot of questions, and don't do things to your map you don't fully understand. Read that helpfile several times until you understand. Also, read that helpfile, lol.

Reactions: djuosnteisn

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
........ Do yourself a HUGE favor, and read the helpfile that comes with the ATR software until it sinks in. ........... Read that helpfile several times until you understand. Also, read that helpfile, lol.
Hmmm, good advice. I've also heard that reading that Cobb helpfile "helps"....:D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
....perhaps you'll be willing to skim over my DL's after the install.
Possibly :)

I'm currently up to my neck in my own world of effort right now, but if you send a few logs i can always take a quick peek and make some suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts