Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just stumbled across this forum while doing research for my new 6.. thought I'd get your opinion on something.
The decision to get the 6 is already made, and my dealer is waiting for me to make up my mind on my on this issue:
do I get the GS with the sports package, or do I get the GT? (They're both going to be I4s.. for a variety of reasons).
As far as I'm concerned, the only difference is that the GT gives me leather and heated seats.. I don't really care much for the ACC, mirror, etc.

Anyone care to share experiences with either the leather or the cloth seats? Is the leather worth the extra 2 or 3 grand? I really didn't notice much of a comfort difference on the test drives.. jus that the leather looks and smells nicer :)
Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: GS + Sports or GT?

I am a leather man myself. I love the feel of leather when I slide in plus I did not like the choice of fabric Mazda chose. It is kind of cheap looking and feeling. I seen much better fabric in other cars and also other Mazda products like the Protege. Perhaps because the fabric is coming from domestic market instead of the Protege fabric which is from Japan.
Plus the leather will give you the better leatherette trim around the doors and such which makes the interior way better looking IMHO.

You mention many options which are luxuries as most options are but there are a few things that are safety feature like traction control and the extra 4 air bags for the side and curtain.

It all comes down to price I think and how much you can afford. You wanted the sport package. I did not take a look at how much the sport package cost but everything you get in the Sport Package is standard on the GT model.

So you have to minus the price difference in the GT vs GS model and then minus the Sport package to see how much it cost to get the extra safety items and leather.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Yeah that was the whole thing with the leather. The look and the feel. I love the look of leather. Especially the black perforated leather in the 6. :drool:

Heippo: TCS is standard on Canadian models. And take a look for that fuse bro post in the Electrical forum in that thread :D

·
Registered
837 Posts

Kincaid, check the features.pdf on Mazda Canada site! It say TCS not available even as an option in the GS-I4 model. It is standard on all the other trim level.

I also saw a discrepancy in the ABS w/EBFD (electronic brake force distribution). In the features.pdf, it say it is standard on all models while the specs.pdf indicated not available on the GS-I4 model.

So what have we learned from this, check your dealer and ask them about it. If they say it is there, ask them to show it in writing. :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Check your brochure. I'm looking at it now and ABS and TCS are standard on all trims. Got the dealer video on the training done for Canada in Toronto and that is one of the selling points. As well all the 6-GS-I4's that are in at the dealer here have both.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'GS + Sports or GT?'

I'm not sure about TCS but ABS is standard... I guess TCS comes along with it..

Thanks for your input... it comes down to almost two thousand bucks after subtracting the sports package price from the difference ($900)..

We shall see..

·
Registered
11 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

Check your brochure. I'm looking at it now and ABS and TCS are standard on all trims. Got the dealer video on the training done for Canada in Toronto and that is one of the selling points. As well all the 6-GS-I4's that are in at the dealer here have both.[/b]
Yes it's right, ABS and TCS are standard on all trims, Mazda Canada make a mistake on web site.

·
Registered
837 Posts

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Though, I really did not look at all the detail because I wanted the best top of the line model. :p

I can guarantee I get everthing that the Mazda 6 has to offer.

·
Registered
42 Posts

correct me if i am wrong... i don't believe you can get bose and moonroof as options on the GS 4 cylinder... just something else to think about,,

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Nope. You're right. You can't. But he didn't mention that in his desired options.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I too deliberated about this but went with the gt. The leather is really nice but I really appreciate the acc. I didn't think it would be a big deal but it works really well. I just bought my wife a GS ( cloth) with gfx and I don't much care for the rotary climate controls and the cloth does seem a little out of sorts for the car. One other option you have is to have your dealer do a custom leather interior prices are $1000- $1500 but if you lease you cannot put in with the reidual.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

It's perforated in the middle of the seats. Very supple. And the sides have fairly big bolsters. You wouldn't have a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts