Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just leased a dark grey Mazda6. It currently comes with the standard exterior trim. I am now thinking about putting on the Sport front and rear full bumper (Aero Bumper?) from the Canadian GFX package. Has anyone done this? My dealer has called Mazda Canada and they say that the fenders would have to be replaced as well. Is this true??? By the way the front bumper is only $280 CND and the rear I think $350. Pretty cheap for body parts. Fenders are $170 a side.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: GS bumpers to GT bumpers

Here is some helpful pictures. SCORPION6 (TOMAS) from Panama has done exactly what you are asking about. He has the JDM version but the installation should not differ much.

Thanks a look at these 2 threads to get a idea what needs to be done. I don't think there is any indication that you need to change the fender. The only thing involving fender is the fender lining underneath it.

Have a looksy.

Rear bumper: http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=3842
Front bumper http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=3540

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'GS bumpers to GT bumpers'

Ya I've seen the pics for the install, but my dealer was saying that the left and right fender are different on the GS and GT models and need to be changed as well. Can someone verify the part numbers between the fenders for the GS and GT models? Do they need to be changed as well? I love how Mazda gives you proper instructions on how to install this stuff though. Most dealers hand you the part and thats it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'GS bumpers to GT bumpers'

Originally posted by MAZ6

Ya I've seen the pics for the install, but my dealer was saying that the left and right fender are different on the GS and GT models and need to be changed as well.[/b]
I haven't seen a parts list but having had the bumper cover off I find that hard to believe. That would make the car more expensive to build and would require Mazda to have more replacements parts in inventory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts