Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given the opportunity to have my MS6 dyno'd today on the Mustang Dyno at Gruppe-S.

Ambient temp in the shop was about 78°F, and the car was fueled with 91 octane. All pulls were done in 4th gear.

Here are the results:

Dyno Run 1:

Dyno Run 2:

Dyno Run 3, run about 15 minutes after runs one and two, which allowed the engine to cool a little:

The guys at Gruppe-S were pretty impressed. They said the max numbers were very similar to a stock STI. And of course, as most of us know, the graphs just confirm that the engine runs out of steam at 5500.

Other pics:

Keep your antennae tuned for upcoming developments from Gruppe-S in the next few months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey what do you know I also just got back from my baseline Dyno on the Mustang Dyno at the Show Zone in Charleston SC.

So they hooked up my car and stalled it 3 time on the Dyno then they turn and ask me if its Front or Rear wheel drive... Umm... it's AWD i told them so then after waiting a few more min for them to make the changes. We got on with the dyno. It was 78 here also but it had just rained so the humidity was abit high. I'm happy to say that the Torque did not dissapoint... 263ft lbs @ 3125 RPM and 229 HP @ 5175. Everyone there was amazed they've never seen a speed6 here... there's no dealership here. So here's my sheet.

(XPLORx4 Hope you don't mind me adding to your thread just thought it would be better than starting another one.)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Has anyone done a dyno on stock car with 100 octane race gas? I'm almost willing to pay for a dyno on my car with a tank of 100 octane just to see the differnce.

·
Registered
364 Posts
ah yes, mike at gruppe-s

i had my sti dynod/modded/tuned there...here's the dyno baseline and after:

yes, your readings are very much in line w/ a stock sti!

NICE!

this is all good news...now to do a 100 octane pull :)

Oh, and my guesstimation is that w/ a downpipe and cat back, our torque figure should be VERY close to 300 to the wheels on the Gruppe-S dyno.

Add ecu tuning and booyah, these things will be MONSTERS

Interestingly enough, I had GREAT success w/ a borla header on my STi...HUGE jump in torque numbers with them installed..fingers crossed w/ see the same or similar on our cars....

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
well no luck with headers on the speed, just a manifold....but DP and exhaust should be fun!

·
Registered
403 Posts
what a coincidence. i just had my horse on a mustang dyno and it peaked at 1 hp.
[/b]
If you add a catback, you can easily get 1.2 HP. Nothing else can get your performance to rear up and take off like 10 sharp claws planted firmly the butt muscles. :hide: Sorry!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you add a catback, you can easily get 1.2 HP. Nothing else can get your performance to rear up and take off like 10 sharp claws planted firmly the butt muscles. :hide: Sorry!
[/b]

How about sticking a GT-R sticker on there that's gota be good for like 2HP... :yesnod:

Was this on 93 octane?
[/b]
Yeah 93 octane. but they only had one fan :nono: so heat soak became an issue. Someone brought a second fan and that helped alot... like 35 ft-lbs and 20 HP alot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
14 Participants
jrodhotrod
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing