Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got hit by a piece of tire tread the other day...

Put a small crack in my lower lip in front, and totally knocked the small black grill out on the passenger side and its gone....unless its still inside the front bumper somewhere...

Anyone ever order that piece before? its the place where guys normally put the lower fogs in.

Can you order just that piece? or do you have to order a whole damn front end LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can order just the cap. However, if I were you, I'd check to see if it's still in the bumper. There's no real way for it to have fallen out of the engine compartment, it's entirely closed off from the road.
[/b]
Mine did.
The piece that closes the wheel well got ripped out, so there was nothing to hold the cap inside the bumper.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can order just the cap. However, if I were you, I'd check to see if it's still in the bumper. There's no real way for it to have fallen out of the engine compartment, it's entirely closed off from the road.
[/b]
Thats what I figured.... Im to tired to do it tonight though. I will look tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.

man I swear this car is cursed...this is the 5th time something has hit it.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The same thinghappened to me awhile back. Tred flew up and hit the horizontal length of the bumper. It popped a corner out as well as scrapped a light. It continued around the side of the car and dented the door a very very little. It has been fixed since then but needless to say it sucks

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Don't feel too bad. Same thing happened to me about 3 months ago -- except I've got a fiberglass front bumper. Broke it clear in 2 pieces in a very jagged and spider-webbed mess. Was a very expensive day.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually...my curiosity got the best of me and I had to go look..sure enough it was in there... 2 of the 4 clips are broken though. May have to order a new one anyway...or find some really good double sided tape.

Im really thinking of trading this thing in...

So far i was Hit by a block of concrete after having the car 20 days.
Someone nailed my driver side rear door....left two nice dents in it.
My nephew hit me on the passenger side rear wheel well.
My buddy accidentaly dropped a metal lawnchair (dont ask) on the hood.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Car in front kicked up a BIG chunk of retread. It went about 50' up. I tried to avoid it but it was impossible, and it came right through the windshield of my Subaru Impreza, which shattered and showered glass all over my wife and I and our 6 month old lab puppy. Scary day, glad you're alright, it could have been much worse.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have ordered those pieces. I believe they were 6 dollars each
[/b]

Thats cool..you never know whit cars these days..migh have to order a whole new front bumper just to get those pieces.

Looks like they snap in from behind the bumper too... suppose at the very least i might be able to get in there via the wheel well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts