Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a group fender roll. I want to get some new wheels for my car, and I need to roll the fenders. Let me know if anyone's down. If not, then if someone could recommend a place to have it done, I'd appreciate it as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I definatley need to get this done so im in if you set somethin gup

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly wouldn't know who to contact about it. I know that there was a group roll not too long ago but I didn't get to take part...

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yeah the group roll was sometime around easter. I missed it too and ended up getting mine done at a local shop for like 60 a side. I know there are a couple sites you can contact about renting the tool and heat gun. I think the price was somewhere around 300 dollars to rent it. Since no one else wanted theres done when i was getting my RX8, i decided to just put out the 120 and have them done at a shop. A couple people said they got theirs done for cheaper in a shop so you might want to ask around.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i would love to get in on something like this. i have to put my wheels on before thanksgiving, so ive only got a month of time to figure something out. id hate to have to do the wooden baseball bat method, lol.

silver spring was a pretty convenient spot last time it seemed - easy for va, dc, even baltimore is only 40 miles. i wouldnt mind hosting, but i dont have a driveway, so i might be useless, lol

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
bumpity bump bump

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So is anyone up for a fender roll? I don't have a driveway either to 'host' this, and I live in Owings Mills which is an hour from DC/Silver Spring. I really wanna have my fenders rolled though. Preferably before Thanksgiving, ASAP tho.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So is anyone up for a fender roll? I don't have a driveway either to 'host' this, and I live in Owings Mills which is an hour from DC/Silver Spring. I really wanna have my fenders rolled though. Preferably before Thanksgiving, ASAP tho. [/b]
i think someone needs to take a first step to getting a tool. once we have that secured, it will kind of dictate the rest and get people motivated. we've only got three weeks til thanksgiving which i know is kind of a deadline for at least 2 of us (im driving 400 miles north for the holiday...)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Okay well no one seems to be taking any initiative on this. We can rent the tool from the 6tech sponsor Tireswap.com for $65(plus $10 for the heat gun) and a $300 deposit or from RollYourFender.com for a $50 rental fee(with heat gun) and a $250 deposit.

I will offer to host and pull everything together for renting the tool and all if no one else is stepping up. I have not rolled my own fenders though so i can't help on the experience side of things. The more people you get the better the price. Let me know a day when you guys want to do it and i'll get the driveway cleared.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I do fender rolling in the tri-state area. If you guys wanna make a drive over to NY I can do them for you. I only charge $50 per car and they come out right! I guess we can make it a meet too (have some food and drinks or whatever). If not maybe we can work out something for renting it.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I do fender rolling in the tri-state area. If you guys wanna make a drive over to NY I can do them for you. I only charge $50 per car and they come out right! I guess we can make it a meet too (have some food and drinks or whatever). If not maybe we can work out something for renting it.
[/b]
Hummm, road trip?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i would rather rent it than have to drive to NY...it would be fun, but this is the busiest time of the year for me.

vienna is a fine place to do it...provided we can do it at an off-rush hour time. thanks for steppin up ltrain.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would rather rent it than have to drive to NY...it would be fun, but this is the busiest time of the year for me.

vienna is a fine place to do it...provided we can do it at an off-rush hour time. thanks for steppin up ltrain.
[/b]
I'm going to NY December 15. I could always trade cars with you and take it for you :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts