Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up on grounding my engine and i figure its cheep enough to warrant doing whether it helps or not. Thats not the question. My question is should i buy the NRG from RPM? Or should i follow the how to and do it myself? Thoughts? Thanks...

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I had mine done custom, so I wouldn't know if the NRG is good or not, but as long as the wires are quality and you ground them to the proper points, then they all work the same.

Only thing I can say is that with the quality of the NRG instructions that come with the hood lifters, don't plan on using the NRG instructions on these for installation

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I had mine done custom, so I wouldn't know if the NRG is good or not, but as long as the wires are quality and you ground them to the proper points, then they all work the same.

Only thing I can say is that with the quality of the NRG instructions that come with the hood lifters, don't plan on using the NRG instructions on these for installation
[/b]
Slammmm, isn't that the truth!?! I'm still trying to make up my mind if I really need this since I'm only running factory electronics. I guess if I were to add components I would have already done it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

[/b]
Hmmm thanks. Ill look into doing it myself. Any other opinions....

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
defenitely do it yourself. not trying to hate on RPM, cause Donny is the shit, but you can do the same thing for less than half the price. some people even argue the fact that it doesn't make a difference, and if it does it's not a big difference. so to me that doesn't warrant going out and buying a kit that might not work and won't be a noticable difference even if it does. just go out and buy 4 gauge wires and do it yourself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And do i need to go to a specalized place to get these? How do i connect them to the negative terminal? They talked about it in the how to just a bit....

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
you can just go to a local shop that sells audio. just measure out how many feet of wire you will need and have them cut a little extra for you. it would be the grounding/power wire. i never saw any at Circuit City, but never looked at Best Buy.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
defenitely do it yourself. not trying to hate on RPM, cause Donny is the shit, but you can do the same thing for less than half the price. some people even argue the fact that it doesn't make a difference, and if it does it's not a big difference. so to me that doesn't warrant going out and buying a kit that might not work and won't be a noticable difference even if it does. just go out and buy 4 gauge wires and do it yourself.
[/b]
I'll tell you people one thing....This Mod MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!

I had an eletrical issue over the past few days, and I decided to revert to the stock Battery by placing on the negative terminal, and taking off the NRG grounding wire system.

Reverting to stock..I could feel the uneasy shifting, the car didn't feel smooth at all, throttle response is Horrible stock...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So question...how do you connect them all to the terminal? I understand the other points have skrews but what about the terminal...

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I assume you mean the battery terminal. On the negative side, there is a bolt that goes through the terminal to secure it to the battery post. You remove that completely and slide the grounding wire in, and then re-insert the bolt

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok sweet. Thats the only way i could think of doing it....besides solder....Thanks guys...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But if the wire had connectors on the end you could solder those...would it be pretty? Not a chance, but it would probably work...

·
Registered
444 Posts
theres a how to here: http://www.clubatenza.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76

i did it, but undone everything because my car didnt want to start 3 times. The 3rd time i unwired everything.

I was the only one to experience that... and i cant tell you why...but i know it was because of the grounding kit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
8 Participants
karlt10
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing