Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This product is great, I noticed major low-end torque improvements. The best results are in combination with Hyper Voltage System. Combined I gained 10-12 HP and 10 ft-lbs torque.

This system provides direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis, and engine components to give extreme improvement on electrical circulation. In addition "Hyper Ground System" cables have 10 times less impedance than factory ground systems which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss.The higher resistance of factory grounds, effect the ignition system and obstructs the primary potential. The "Hyper Ground System" uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide an ultra low resistance connection.

Also check my page for the Hyper Voltage System:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?&amp...12&CID=1634

or Sun Automoblie www.sunautomobile.com

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wow didn't know it would be that noticable.
Combined I gained 10-12 HP and 10 ft-lbs torque.[/b]
Had no idea that it'll be those gains. I saw some grounding kits on ebay but I know how you guys bust on ebay so forget that lol.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Its most definately not worth those gains. It almost sounds like the OP works for that company. Hmm...

Just for kicks, do I dare ask for dyno sheets comparing you stock vs. the grounding kit?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
that is crap. I have both (a fully custom grounding system and a voltage regulator) and I do notice smoother idle, BUT DEFINATELY NOT MORE POWER. I think you might be on crack ;)

This from the guy who paid $200 to have the ground system installed and is going to blow his engine with the underdrive crank pulley

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sounds like a simple upgrade...I'll look into it........can't dis the man for just posting what it says it does......I think It may work better.....but concrete proof would have to be a no bs dyno stock vs with....

·
Registered
867 Posts
This from the guy who paid $200 to have the ground system installed and is going to blow his engine with the underdrive crank pulley[/b]
I was interested in the underdrive crank pulley, what dont you like about it? says its only 10 ounces when stock is 11 lbs?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was interested in the underdrive crank pulley, what dont you like about it? says its only 10 ounces when stock is 11 lbs?
[/b]
There is a reason why Ford developed the Dual Mass Dampner (our factory crank pulley/harmonic balancer), because on the Duratec, your standard harmonic balancer wasn't enough to keep the vibrations away from the crankshaft, which causes crank whip/walk which ultimately causes spun main bearings, a la dead engine.

Over 10 years now of Duratec V6 modding and there is no MIGHT or MAYBE which underdriven crank pulleys, it WILL cause your engine to fail. The question is, when?

Read up on Contour.org forums, the DMD (Dual Mass Dampner) is a required modification.
[/b]
Are you interested in that?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
QUOTE(05 mazda6s @ Aug 14 2006, 11:30 PM)

QUOTE(84FordMan @ Feb 25 2006, 10:09 AM)

There is a reason why Ford developed the Dual Mass Dampner (our factory crank pulley/harmonic balancer), because on the Duratec, your standard harmonic balancer wasn't enough to keep the vibrations away from the crankshaft, which causes crank whip/walk which ultimately causes spun main bearings, a la dead engine.

Over 10 years now of Duratec V6 modding and there is no MIGHT or MAYBE which underdriven crank pulleys, it WILL cause your engine to fail. The question is, when?

Read up on Contour.org forums, the DMD (Dual Mass Dampner) is a required modification.

[/b]
+1 :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/b]
I've had the crank pulley for almost three years, never had a single problem. I run all synthetic fluids and get scheduled maintenance, my car runs great so do your research on the crank pulley.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is crap. I have both (a fully custom grounding system and a voltage regulator) and I do notice smoother idle, BUT DEFINATELY NOT MORE POWER. I think you might be on crack ;)

This from the guy who paid $200 to have the ground system installed and is going to blow his engine with the underdrive crank pulley
[/b]

I'm a strong believer in "You get what you pay for" so if you buy a $35dollar grounding kit from the trunk of some hustlas 85' Cutless, your gonna get a $35 dollar performing grounding kit! Second Sun Automobile invented the Grouding kit, since then several major import companies have also developed it: NRG, HKS and others, who is tommy tran? Dawg before you talk shit, put down your 7-11 burrito stop playing War Craft Online and do your research.

For those who wanna know more vist the company website, or my page Ii have CP-E long tube headers with (no-cats), and the MAF custimizer comming in the mail, once I get those installed I will run a dyno and post it on my page.

For great dyno testing check out PERFORMANCE EFI, in San Diego Ca, www.performanceefi.com

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I'm a strong believer in "You get what you pay for" so if you buy a $35dollar grounding kit from the trunk of some hustlas 85' Cutless, your gonna get a $35 dollar performing grounding kit! Second Sun Automobile invented the Grouding kit, since then several major import companies have also developed it: NRG, HKS and others, who is tommy tran? Dawg before you talk shit, put down your 7-11 burrito stop playing War Craft Online and do your research.

For those who wanna know more vist the company website, or my page Ii have CP-E long tube headers with (no-cats), and the MAF custimizer comming in the mail, once I get those installed I will run a dyno and post it on my page.

For great dyno testing check out PERFORMANCE EFI, in San Diego Ca, www.performanceefi.com
[/b]

ROFL!! A grounding kit is a grounding kit as long as they use quality wire and ends (like mine). Mine was done by someone who is an electrical engineer and took measurements around the engine bay for resistance. His kit is FAR AND AWAY better than any generic kit for cars. Believe me, I have done my research and know what I am talking about (far more than you apparently...)

Also, telling someone to do research about the underdrive pulley is a joke, because you are the one that needs to do the research. Actually, Don't. Leave it on there, blow up your engine, and then get a different car. That way, there will be 1 less moron with a mazda 6 to give it a bad name. While you are at it, maybe you should go jump off the coronado bay bridge so that there is one less stupid person in the world as well

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Are you some kind of advertising agency for these companies or something? I don;t get why you keep pushing different places in your posts.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
ROFL!! A grounding kit is a grounding kit as long as they use quality wire and ends (like mine). Mine was done by someone who is an electrical engineer and took measurements around the engine bay for resistance. His kit is FAR AND AWAY better than any generic kit for cars. Believe me, I have done my research and know what I am talking about (far more than you apparently...)[/b]
Come on now, your scope is limted to the Mazda6 so how can you talk about stuff you have no experience with?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Ok you say:

This product is great, I noticed major low-end torque improvements. The best results are in combination with Hyper Voltage System. Combined I gained 10-12 HP and 10 ft-lbs torque.[/b]
Then you say:

For those who wanna know more vist the company website, or my page Ii have CP-E long tube headers with (no-cats), and the MAF custimizer comming in the mail, once I get those installed I will run a dyno and post it on my page.[/b]
Which kinda alludes that you have yet to dyno test to back up the gains you mentioned above. Furthermore, it sounds like you're introducing a whole new variable when you test (the MAF Customizer) so even if you did produce gains, it would be hard to discern how much came from the grounding kit, if any. I might be wrong, and you might have tested with the kit alone but even so as I have mentioned your gains are within dyno tolerances - meaning there isn't statistical evidence to conclude that gains were actually made.

Then you say:

This system provides direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis, and engine components to give extreme improvement on electrical circulation. In addition "Hyper Ground System" cables have 10 times less impedance than factory ground systems which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss.The higher resistance of factory grounds, effect the ignition system and obstructs the primary potential. The "Hyper Ground System" uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide an ultra low resistance connection.

Also check my page for the Hyper Voltage System:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?&amp...12&CID=1634

or Sun Automoblie www.sunautomobile.com
[/b]
and

I'm a strong believer in "You get what you pay for" so if you buy a $35dollar grounding kit from the trunk of some hustlas 85' Cutless, your gonna get a $35 dollar performing grounding kit! Second Sun Automobile invented the Grouding kit, since then several major import companies have also developed it: NRG, HKS and others, who is tommy tran? ...For those who wanna know more vist the company website, or my page Ii have CP-E long tube headers with (no-cats), and the MAF custimizer comming in the mail, once I get those installed I will run a dyno and post it on my page.

[/b]
Which sound very much like it's out of a sales spiel. So pardon our disbelief, but it's understandable given the fact that we're perceiving a sales pitch. Perhaps if you found your own words and written an original review we would be a tad less cynical.

And finally:

Dawg before you talk shit, put down your 7-11 burrito stop playing War Craft Online and do your research.[/b]
If you only knew how much skill it takes to eat a burrito while raiding in WoW or while pulling off mad micros.

With all due respect, I'm not out to diss you or your product. I'm just outlining the obstacles in place that are preventing us from believing you. Hopefully, you can address those obstacles and lead us to a better understanding of your product.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ROFL!! A grounding kit is a grounding kit as long as they use quality wire and ends (like mine). Mine was done by someone who is an electrical engineer and took measurements around the engine bay for resistance. His kit is FAR AND AWAY better than any generic kit for cars. Believe me, I have done my research and know what I am talking about (far more than you apparently...)

Also, telling someone to do research about the underdrive pulley is a joke, because you are the one that needs to do the research. Actually, Don't. Leave it on there, blow up your engine, and then get a different car. That way, there will be 1 less moron with a mazda 6 to give it a bad name. While you are at it, maybe you should go jump off the coronado bay bridge so that there is one less stupid person in the world as well
[/b]
Too bad Marines can swim, Once again uneducated advice from someone who baught the cheap grounding kit

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Too bad Marines can swim, Once again uneducated advice from someone who baught the cheap grounding kit
[/b]

can marines survive a 200 foot fall?

and its "bought," as in "purchased"

</pwnage>

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
22 Participants
Justins6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing