Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It hardly seems fair or reasonable that the two ‘wagonistas’ I interact the most with are way over there on the wrong side of the continent...
It's unfortunate not to have enthusiasts near by. I get all excited when I see another 6 only to have someone say it's just a commuter car for them.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It's unfortunate not to have enthusiasts near by. I get all excited when I see another 6 only to have someone say it's just a commuter car for them.
In my place where I live and even where I work, I am the only person who has a Mazda 6. You'll see the 2 and 3 but not the 6.

·
Registered
632 Posts
This looks very tidy!
Thanks, it was also a time saver the only thing I took out to run the wiring was the panel around the instrument cluster

Tell me about it! I see TONS of 6’s especially 1.0 first gens and they’re all just “daily commuters” like there are two tan wagons just down the road from me one I’ve only ever seen parked in its drive way (it obviously gets driven I’ve just only seen it parked) then there’s another one I see all the time at the bank it’s driven by a very old couple, but again just a “commuter”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
This is great!. That is where I put my phone (on its side) so the mic wouldn't work quite as well but if (when) I install the Panavise holder that @waughoo showed, that install may save me a bit of wiring.
I have no real data solution right now and am feeling pretty old school. while having the screen below the cluster is pretty nice it is a real bear (unsafe?) to have to interface with. Not navi-esque at all.

That’s where I put mine too when I have to follow gps to get somewhere! It does save some time the only thing I removed was the panel around the instrument cluster I was able to push the wire over close enough to get it through the opening on the side of the radio compartment. I also think it probably picks up my voice better on my last car I mounted the mic on the upper a pillar (01 eclipse) and I always felt like I had to yell for anyone on the phone to hear me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Absolutely. In the three months that I’ve owned my 04 wagon, I’ve only seen two others. One was in a drive-thru coffee shop parking lot and the other is sitting in a driveway about five minutes from the house with a brick behind each of the rear wheels.

I’m tempted to go knock on their door, but have the sense they just wouldn’t understand what “this crazy guy with a car like ours is all excited about...”

‘Coffee break’ is over. Back to my full pre-cat replacement. If you don’t hear from me in eight hours or so, send a search party to my garage!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’m tempted to go knock on their door, but have the sense they just wouldn’t understand what “this crazy guy with a car like ours is all excited about...”
@blackerphotos HA! I just did this to a guy in a tidylooking 2nd gen. He was thoroughly confused. I did my best to extract myself and let him be.

·
Rally Racer
2,360 Posts
I finally got around to putting my GROM USB2 kit into the Mazda. I ordered the MAZU3 cable years ago when I pulled the G unit out of the Accord.
I took all the steps to solder L716, which include pulling the HU apart, and I saw that the genius that "fixed" my check engine light also went to work on the radio.
Mazda 6 L716 bad solder jumper.jpg

Check engine light
Mazda 6 check engine light cut.jpg

It took a bit to figure it out but, after updating the Firmware and entering debugging session with the Andriod, it works.
Now to complete the phone mount and wiring solutions.

Thanks again for the DIY

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wow... that is quite a solder job they did in there. So now you have the ability to "line in" on the 04 non BOSE? Very cool. Give us a photo of your mount etc when you get it set up @DrFeelGood .

21 - 28 of 28 Posts