Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some time ago that I bought a one-off grille via Ebay seller HK-PLUS. I actually had a great buying experience with them unlike some other unfortunates amongst this board. My item came in about a weeks time, was as described, and the fit, finish, and quality I would put on par with OEM. It is a chrome grille you will likely recognize in the before pictures. The orginial post was in here...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50126&st=0

Anyway, my plan all along was to paint the chrome areas (except for the emblem) to match the body of my car. The one bar that spans center and holds the emblem I decided to leave as is, but I may end up painting it later? Regardless and without further ado, here is the end result...

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

·
Registered
313 Posts
im digging it.

i wondered why your mustache didnt have the M all up in it.

thats what i want. i dont like the emptiness(sp?) feeling with the other badgeless grills without anything in the middle. i mean no badge or other lateral grills in the middle.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Its a nice subtle grille. I like it, and even more I like the fact that since mazda6 parts are very limited in terms of style and aftermarket parts available that you did something new.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I honestly wouldn't have noticed the difference between it and the sports grille but i like it. It's nice a clean and stock looking.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
rare indeed. looks better painted (agreed, the chrome made it look a lot like the tl grill). from a distance it looks like the mazda symbol is floating in the middle of the grill. the jury is still out on this one...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Not a big fan, looks too much like the '06 grills, but props for effort!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not bad.There is just one thing what disturb- the line between the grill and the hood is not evenly.

The gap between hood and grill (hope you know what i mean...Babelfish and Google translation day.. :drool: )

Same problem in Euroland-but we have a solution
a angle [attachmentid=13316] than you a nice flow between hood and grill

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think that it looks hot but I am biased towards the whole chrome look. It stands out nicely against the black. It probably wouldn't look nearly as good against silver or a lighter color paint job.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
definately better body color matched.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Ok, so I thought I'd give this grille a try cause I was getting tried of my sport looking yellowish and not silver anymore.. dang thing was fading.

What the heck, for $75 including shipping I thought I'd give it a shot cause I like the clean look.

I'm actually quite pleased with it, its not 100% perfect, but the fit is very good. It even has little clips on the bottom. I've tried those badgless grilles before and they just look weird imho...

I know people hate chrome here, but it's not overly done and I think it looks not too shabby. Maybe later I'll toy with painting it body color.

Here are some before and after pics on a sport bumper.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
That lighting makes the car look HOT all agressive... I think the chrome should be painted body color maybe. Too much chrome for me i guess.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
21 Participants
fullmetal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing