Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making my final decision and trying to decide on Steel Grey or G;acier Silver. Anyone with a Steel Grey- how fast does it seem to get dirty? As bad as black? I like Grey- although I keep thinking it does look a bit dull. And the Silver to me looks a bit too white... The interesting thing is- I can get the silver without the Premium package (saves me some $$) Am I really missing anything by not getting the power seat and alloy wheels? That is pretty much the package- right? The savings may make my decision a bit easier- althogh I really like how the back lights look in the darker colors...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Reading Topic: Grey or Silver? / Premium package...

Mines red, but that steel grey looks like it would hide dirt really well, the silver one would hide salt better so I guess geography would dictate that decision. I personally have never been a fan of power seats, but I wanted leather so I was stuck, as for the wheels I dont know, priorities again, the 16"ers seem to give a little softer ride than the 17's, but the car does look really nice with the lower profile tires, and probably has a slight handling advantage

·
Registered
48 Posts

I like the steel grey more. It is the color I got!!! I have not had any problems with it getting dirty to quickly. Also, on package/options....I would try to get all the port installed options now....cause you can NOT get them later. But hey this is my opinion...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Grey or Silver? / Premium package...'

I've got a steel gray, doesn't seem to show dirt any more than most other cars in my opinion. My biggest issue is with the black interior. I wanted the gray interior, but the sports package only comes in black. My carpet, dash and seats show dirt and dust much easier than the exterior pant color does. Glad I got my 5sp when I did since it appears they are even in more short supply now than 2 months ago.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Looks like I am getting silver. I really like the grey- but I don't want to have to pay an extra $800 for the power seat and 16" alloy wheels- doesnt seem worth it to me. Darn- I really liked the grey- but I am sure I will love the silver as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts

"I really like the grey- but I don't want to have to pay an extra $800 for the power seat and 16" alloy wheels- doesnt seem worth it to me."

The manual seat is pretty excellent and won't be a problem. However, if you can afford the extra $800 you'll get the wheels, power seat, AND the color of your choice.

The power seats may not be worth $800 alone but they are very nice. During long drives you can move the seat position around in many different ways to relieve fatigue.

·
Registered
341 Posts

So you didn't want the sport package either?

What do those stock (non-alloy) wheels look like anyhow? I don't even think I've seen them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sports package doesnt come with ABS- which is really what I am looking for. Turns out now- that the dealer lied to me and didn't have any cars with just ABS- they all had premium packages but they told me that in order to get me in the showroom. Then they called me back- told me I could have the premium package for free. On my way out the door- the manager called me to say "oops that was was just taken- but we can give you premium for $700." Nice doing business with you... Can I name the dealer so everyone knows who to avoid? Or will I be sued? Ha

·
Registered
230 Posts

I have a grey GT-i4, and even though it snowed over the weekend (quite substantially - nearly 2 feet in parts of Calgary) and the roads were really slushy and dirty, the car didn't really show any dirt, but it did sort become a little duller than it is when it's clean. I still washed it today, though :D I think the grey does a really good job hiding dirt and muck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts