Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the mazdaspeed springs warranty is green
is it possible for me to buy the springs at a dealership and install it somewhere else?
and then bring the car back to the dealership to do an alignment afterwards?
will I get any "YOUR CAR HAAS BEEN VOIDED" kinda sayings?
thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
If the spring is installed correctly then there should be no problem with them doing the alignment!
the mazdaspeed springs warranty is green
is it possible for me to buy the springs at a dealership and install it somewhere else?
and then bring the car back to the dealership to do an alignment afterwards?
will I get any "YOUR CAR HAAS BEEN VOIDED" kinda sayings?
thanks
[/b]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the spring is installed correctly then there should be no problem with them doing the alignment!
[/b]
well..see the thing is there's a import tuning place in Richmond that is willing to install the springs front and rear for me for 120 bux

dealerships quote me 360

and the shop told me they had to bring the car somwhere to do the alignment
as for installing springs, it's just simply taking the stock springs off of the struts and putting the new ones on right? complete noob on this sorry ~~!
I heard that it's a better idea to let the springs "settle" for a week or 2 before doing the alignment?
what does it mean by settle?
pardon my english :huh:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
well..see the thing is there's a import tuning place in Richmond that is willing to install the springs front and rear for me for 120 bux

dealerships quote me 360

and the shop told me they had to bring the car somwhere to do the alignment
as for installing springs, it's just simply taking the stock springs off of the struts and putting the new ones on right? complete noob on this sorry ~~!
I heard that it's a better idea to let the springs "settle" for a week or 2 before doing the alignment?
what does it mean by settle?
pardon my english :huh:

[/b]
When you first get your springs, they are stiff and not worked in yet. You give it two weeks of driving so the car adjusts to the springs and new spring rate and stuff and that's basically letting it settle. It's basically like breaking in your springs. The springs have been stored in a box for who knows how long with no load on it. Suddenly, you put the load of your car on the springs and they will deform. When they are finished deforming, they are settled...something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts