Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at ebay today and saw somebody selling the greddy exhaust for the v6 mazda 6. I have the 4 banger but wanted to see how much of a diffrence would it be to put that exhaust on my car the piping looks similar to the 4 bangers setup . Has anybody tried to see if we can interchange the exhaust ? And if so how much if any work is needed. Thanks for any info .

·
Registered
698 Posts
In my opinion, you should just save the money and buy yourself a good kit that was designed for your engine. It going to save you a lot of headaches and stress. In the long run, it'll probably save you money by not spending to remachine, modify ect the parts. Also you wont end up with a useless hunk of metal that didnt work out. Just food for thought....

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
???????????

what catback bolted up to both cars? the mid section/cat on the 2 cars are far from in similar places, at least on the 1st gen.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
???????????

what catback bolted up to both cars? the mid section/cat on the 2 cars are far from in similar places, at least on the 1st gen.
This.

I was under the impression that the exhausts were different between the two.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have seen some pics of both exhaust systems and they seem to look the same , but before i buy it I want to make sure it fits . The deal on ebay for the exhaust is 500 shipped which is half of what it usally goes for . Currently i have the magnaflow set up which is nice but always liked the way the greddy sounds like. If this unit fits i will sell my set up.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i've been under the 2 cars side by side trying to do the exhaust, and it just wasn't possible....without cutting and welding. axle back, yeah, but not catback.

i had the greddy for a while, it was pretty nice, just big. looks like crap on a non sport bumper as well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i quess i just stick to what i have . I dont want to modify it to much , i thought it will be a easier install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts