Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just met a guy with a 2.3 and he had the Greddy Evo exhaust. It's sort of big, for some but it's not very intruding. It's also got a nice low tone. Not ricey at all. He did some pulls with it a couple of times. It'll let you know it's there when you get on it, but it doesn't get obnoxious. He also has an Injen intake so that adds to the sound. However, I don't thik he's any faster than me. I didn't wanna drive assholishly in our school parking lot and we were going different ways, so....maybe i'll see him at a track. Just thought I'd share. :)

Oh, it's retailing for 720-800 depending on where you get it from.

I've never seen a picture of it online, so here u go for those in my situation. :D
sorry pic is so blurry. I don't carry digi-cams with me to class. Anywho, you get the picture.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
For $800 its much cheaper to get MagnaFlow or Racing Beat. No offense those mufflers look waaay out of place on a N/A motor which MrTea does not have.

Its also Ricey because you can Fist F### it! :)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Those are some pretty massive mufflers. I'd get it if I was turbo'd but that's pretty ridiculous as is the cost.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some pretty massive mufflers. I'd get it if I was turbo'd but that's pretty ridiculous as is the cost.
[/b]
That's kinda how I feel. They look too big for a 2.3l with an intake. And at that price...Maybe I'm just outta the loop. When I was running both my Neon and the various Civics I had, and even a Sentra, simple stuff like exhaust (even full exhaust) wasn't as expensive as it is with the 6. I think that's why I've yet to do anything for it. Everything is so expensive and the only thing worth really adding is a turbo. But the turbo isn't as reliable as it should be. Soooooooo... :drive: :swearin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. No I don't. At least not on this car. And BOY DO I MISS IT!!!!! But I keep hearing that you have to do more work than I feel like doing for boosting the 6. So, it stays in stock (reliable) form. Maybe I'll turbo it once I get something else and it just becomes a side car. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
if you are planning on going turbo, don't bother with the Greddy, it's actually only 2.3" vs the Magnaflows 2.25" ....it's just damn huge cans. i agree the sound is great, but the turbo has nothing to do with it. and i feel it looks damn stupid on the base bumper, some sort of lip or appearance rear is a much needed add on with this setup.

if anyone is socal wants mine they are welcome to it.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
that's a different topic, and for socal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts