Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
I wonder how you are able to maintain the cleanliness of the underneath of your car? It looks brand new as if was coming straight from the factory.

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
That looks like a good exhaust system.... but I do note that the axleback version lessens the At The Wheels torque value between about 2400 to 2800 rpm, versus the stock system... meaning the car will have a soggier bottom-end in traffic.

Now the catback system does NOT have this deficiency... but people might want to ask themselves whether they really want to get rid of the underfloor main cat. I am not a tree hugger... and I am resisting the politically-correct folk who want to get rid of all gasoline / diesel powered vehicles in favour of electrics... but ...

·
Registered
72 Posts
That looks like a good exhaust system.... but I do note that the axleback version lessens the At The Wheels torque value between about 2400 to 2800 rpm, versus the stock system... meaning the car will have a soggier bottom-end in traffic.

Now the catback system does NOT have this deficiency... but people might want to ask themselves whether they really want to get rid of the underfloor main cat. I am not a tree hugger... and I am resisting the politically-correct folk who want to get rid of all gasoline / diesel powered vehicles in favour of electrics... but ...
You dont have to be a tree hugger to be environmentally responsible. Anyone who removes their cats is just an asshole taking advantage of a shitty county that doesn't do emissions testing. You have the right to buy and drive your car; you shouldn't have the right to poison the public air everyone else breaths with your coal rolling bullshit.

·
Registered
973 Posts
You dont have to be a tree hugger to be environmentally responsible. Anyone who removes their cats is just an asshole taking advantage of a shitty county that doesn't do emissions testing. You have the right to buy and drive your car; you shouldn't have the right to poison the public air everyone else breaths with your coal rolling bullshit.
You also have the right to educate yourself on what an engine actually puts out. Dont be a jerk.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Here in Maine there's only one county that DOES do emissions testing, and coincidentally that's the county with the most assholes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts