Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a soon to be owner of a loaded 6, Steel Gray Metalic. I was curious if anyone can suggest a website with 18" wheels in a gray or graphite that would come close to the color of my new 6.
Thanks, and this is a great site.

Links would be appreciated!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Graphite Colored wheels'

Axis makes some sweet rims that will fit and so does tenzoracing. I do not want to give out to much info then every body will have the rims I want. I hate that. I am looking at a gun metal or black as well. This happent with my focus. I told everybody about a rim that I just orderd the next thing I know a ton of others got them on the board.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Tirerack is pretty cool. Haven't check out exactly what kind of wheels they got, but their site lets you see what the wheels will look like on your car. You can even choose the color of your 6.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Graphite Colored wheels

AliAl,
Tirerack was the first place I checked out, nothing really in the "gray" family. I guess I shall check out Axis and Tenzoracing.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
303 Posts

hi Kincaid , the last picture you put up (HP Racing)Wheel. that's the one i saw on wheelmax and i liked it agaon..but it's 18x8 and it's 40mm offset, i'm not sure if it will fit on the 6. Does anyone have a clue?? will it fit on the 6 without rubbing when the car is lowered?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

The two "18 rims that I am trying to decide between are the Konig Holes in graphite and the ADR Vision in graphite. Both these rims are very clean looking w/ no rivets in the rim and aren't that flashy.The Konig's w/ tires are about $1500 while the ADR's will set you back about $2000. I think the Konig's may look better on the 6 because of the thicker spokes. To look at more graphite colored rims go to bigwheels.net and do a wheelsearch. I believe it brings back about 8 choices.

·
Registered
577 Posts

Try to get a set of rims that are forged... they cost more money, but they weigh ALOT less than most 18" rims....

Centerline has some rims that are Forged (RPM Series is one of them) and Velox is coming out with a new line of rims call PG (Pro Gear). The Pro Gear rims only weigh 11.5 pounds for a 17 x 7.5 rim.... VERY light. The heavier the rim, the more power is robbed from the engine, thus, your car will accelerate slower. Looks are one thing, but if you buy some heavy rims, it isnt going to do anything for performance. So Kill two birds with one stone, get some good looking rims, that also weigh less than factory....

Nikolas

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Anyone know of a company that can "paint" or powder coat the stock 17's in the factory "steel metalic gray"? Im really having trouble finding wheels I like, well at least wheels i like more than the look of the stock ones.

·
Registered
32 Posts

try discounttire.com not for the aftermarket grey painting but for wheels in general, i think they have some free shipping.
i have had my loaded 6 s for 2 weeks now , love it and this saturday will
be looking for 17's replacing the 17 stocks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts