Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Not sure if this matter has been touched yet, and if so, i'm sorry bout the post. Has anyone tried getting the $500 cash for recent grads, etc? I read on edmunds that people have received it, and i'm just curious to know what exactly is needed to be done to receive the cash. Do you just need to bring in something verifying that you graduated recently to the dealership, and then they give you $500 on the spot, or do you need to do something through MazdaUSA. I put my deposit down on the car a little bit ago, and it's expected in the latter half of january. Does the rebate still apply?

thanx,
yasir

·
Registered
464 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Graduate Prgram...'

If you go to mazda.com and if you build a mazda 6 through the web program the college $500 is listed. As they explain it you must be I believe 6 months from graduation in college or you must have graduated within the last 2 years to get the rebate.

Unfortunately by the time the hatch rolls here in USA it will be more than 2 years for me :(

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thanx....i luckily do qualify...i was actually more curious to know what actually needs to be done to receive the rebate. The website doesn't really explain what needs to be done.

thanx,
yasir

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Actually.. To receive the Mazda rebate you have to finance the car through the dealership. I tried getting this rebate, but I had alreayd had my financing setup through the bank and they wouldn't give it to me... Oh well...

I am a year away from graduation and they were going to gove it to me.. THey had just changed the rules on it to match GM's graduate program to include anyone within 2 years or after 2 years of graduation.

_Abs

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanx ABs,

hmmm...well, that makes things interesting....not sure what i'm going to finance through...i was going to check out peoplefirst and eloan and see if the dealership could beat the better of those two rates. If they can, that'd be great...if not, we'll see what happens. Anyways, thanx again!

-Yasir

·
Registered
174 Posts

Ahh, so it's a $500 bribe to get you to use their financing. ;) Just one more thing to put into the equation if you're shopping for financing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: Graduate Prgram...

I got the grad rebate. Just brought a copy of my diploma in and that was all it took.

-Alt

I

·
0 Posts

just making sure... college grad right?

·
Registered
10 Posts

I purchased my Mazda6 two days after Christmas and my dealer told me that I had to finance through Mazda to get the college grad rebate.

Well, guess what? I called Mazda North America and they assured me that I did not have to finance with them to get the $500 rebate.

I went back to the dealership to sign the rebate form and give them a copy of my diploma. Now, all I have to do is wait 6-8 weeks for my rebate check to arrive in the mail.

Mazda6 Fan

·
Registered
514 Posts

Ahh. Perhaps in order to receive the rebate immediately, you need to finance the car. Because I didn't have to wait for a check. Maybe that's the difference?

-Alt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts