Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new GPS (Magellan Roadmate 2000) for Christmas, and now with that, my XM receiver and radar detector my dash is looking a bit cluttered. I had a nice setup for my XM (Audiovox Xpress), with it mounted in a panavise mount to the right of radio and my radar detector hard wired into the cig lighter with the wire coming up behind the glove box and hidden between the dash and windshield.

Now I'm thinking of rigging up something so that both the XM and GPS are in the map compartment (there should be barely enough room to fit them both in there). I was thinking of making it so that I can still close that compartment, perhaps with the use of some hinges to attach the units to the lid and tracks and posts to let them slide back and forth as it is opened and closed. Has anyone done anything similar to this? I've tried searching but only found one post in which someone used some kind of foam and a bunch of posts on people installing LCD monitors.

Thanks.
E

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would like to do the same for my Speed6, Navigation only. Please post pics (and I will do the same) when you're done with the install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts