Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my mazdaspeed6 for about 3 weeks, and someone rear ended me last night.

So let me introduce myself with a few pictures of my "new" car :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Absolutely horrible.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This isn't the first time a Mazdaspeed 6 was rear-ended and photos were posted on the forum, but, to me, it is a tragedy every time. The Mazda 6 holds up quite well with these sorts of collisions but any kind of frame damage or too much force into the transmission/motor area can easily total this beautiful car. I wish you luck, and please share the details of this situation if you wish.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Damn man.....Hope everything works out. Keep us updated

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
I hope no one was injured in the accident.

It really sucks when you have a brand new car that's hit. If there is significant damage, you may also want to inquire about something called Diminished Value. Since your car was in an accident (assuming it can be repaired), it will lower the value somewhat of the car. Speak with the person's insurance who ran into you about it, or maybe seek some legal advice if you can about it.

Good luck with the repairs and getting everything straightened out.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Wow, that's really bad and I'm sorry that it had to happen. I was hit in the rear, but compared to your pics my 6 was lucky. Hope things turn out for the best and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
awful luck. glad to hear no significant injuries.

LapisLazuli6 is right, be sure to collect the check for depreciation. i had an incident last year with my traded in 2004 M6s when a gravel truck lost part of its load and caused $3,800 damage. after all the repairs i got an additional check for depreciated; not enough, but something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the good luck wishes. we're doing the estimate now, and hopefully there is no frame damage.

and hey, there's always a brightside - I now get to drive a 2006 pontiac grand prix for a few weeks! lucky me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts