Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S'up pplz?
After reading through the threads for a while(nOOB), I decided to go out n get some stuff to try and wash the winter off the 6. I feel you guys on the Zaino, but I gotta save some money for the baby mamas :D , so I decided to go with Meguires & Mothers stuff.
I got some time tomoro, plus it's gonna be nice out so I'll do it then; and I figured it would be cool to take some before pix today of the 6 (to see if my 50 bucks makes a difference) & after pix tomoro. If you have any comments, lemmi know aight!......hope I bought the right sh!t :)
L8tr
Beeks

[attachmentid=11756] Goodies

Before Pix

[attachmentid=11757]

[attachmentid=11758]

[attachmentid=11759]

[attachmentid=11760]

.....one more

[attachmentid=11761]

See y'all tomoro.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I love the Meguiars Polish, and NXT Wax. Good choice on all the products, take your time and have fun with it. The results will be more than worth the effort.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm suspicious of any "wash and wax" stuff for a full detail. The last thing I want to do is add wax when I'm washing, if I'm planning to polish and wax manually. I'd even consider going as far as using Dawn the strip the wax first.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol Dawn? How about Tide; that'll make the 6 smell laundry fresh! :laugh:
No but seriously, let my know if you've had a bad experience witht that kind of wash/wax product.
Just an updade, everythings good so far; washed and claybared it (took about 2 hrs). I didn't really get how the claybar worked before I used it but now I do.....the 6 is smoooth. Anyway Lunch time,( tired as sh!t) then I'll do the Polish/wax and take sum pix before the sun goes out.
L8tr ppl
Beeks :D

p.s. I'll let y'all know if that wash/wax product does it's thing or not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No kidding. Dawn is pretty well-known as a good, safe way to strip wax when you need to.
[/b]
Damn, had no idea about the "Dawn" method bro.

Ok guys,
So I washed, claybared, polished and waxed........damn my back! :) Anyway got the pix. I took some yesterday but the sun was goin out so I took so more this morning again; to be honest with you guys I don't really see that much of a difference?? But hey, the sore back was worth it...............plus where I'm live ppl don't wash their cars by hand so I definately got a lot of attention.

Ok here they are:(sorry about the quality)

[attachmentid=11794]

[attachmentid=11795]

[attachmentid=11800]

[attachmentid=11796]

[attachmentid=11797]

[attachmentid=11800]

[attachmentid=11798]

That's them.........whut d'ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
looks good... anytime you can see your reflection in the car its a job well done :)

i hope you washed her a second time after the claybar :unsure:

next time try 2 coats of wax and see if there is a diff...

when i first detailed my 6 i only waxed once, but when i did mine the other day i did 2 coats and it came out much better :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOOPPPS! :blink: Wash after claybar :excl: ............ok, thanks for lettin me know Iluv2zmzm, so what's the repercussions of not doing it?
Learn supm new everyday
Thanks
Beeks

·
Registered
467 Posts
You're supposed to wash afer the claybar since it leaves some residue on there. If you forget I don't think it's any big deal, it will just look, uh, a little muddy.

If you follow the directions on the bottle verbatim you don't need to wash- you're using their detailing spray which rinses it off and then you buff it immediately.

That method takes too way to freakin' long, so I clay the entire thing with some clean soapy water, keep it wet, and then wash the entire thing.

It looks great, maybe your car was just too clean in the first place! Good job, man.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My favorite method is:

Wash 2x with Dawn
Claybar
Wash with Meguiars NXT wash
Paint Cleaner
Polish
NXT Synthetic Wax
Wash again NXT <---Usually the 6 hour point
Wait 24 hours
Put Meguiars Carnuba Wax
Wash again NXT

Its a PITA, but damn it looks good. One of my first threads on here is after doing it, back when the car was completely stock. Speaking of looking damn good, your car looks great. My favorite part is to watch the water bead on it with that fresh coat of wax.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Lol, HEYL yeah that sh!t took long.......(spray, claybar, spray, buff), but hey it was worth it. Thanks man, I'll kick ass in a couple of mths it on the next detail. THANKS GUYS.
Oh! check out Iluv2zmzm post on his first detail.....wow.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50482
[/b]
Yeah, then comes the first time it rains and gets dirty again... :tear: . Luckily, its much easier to get clean for a few weeks, until the wax starts wearing out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rain? Who said rain :biggun: lol, well luckily it might not rain here for another week or two (fingers crossed); but it would be cool to see the water bead on it. Mike what does the additional stepof the paint cleaner really do? I'll try it next time
Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I see a CLEAR difference!

Well done Beeks....live and learn...we all had to start somewhere.

Just don't be like me... I polished my v6 badges and wore the finish off of them....then combine it with road salt in the winter...they turn grey black..... :'(.... sucks ass, but now I have newer slightly larger, much shinier versions of them on my car so its all good!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I see a CLEAR difference!

Well done Beeks....live and learn...we all had to start somewhere.

Just don't be like me... I polished my v6 badges and wore the finish off of them....then combine it with road salt in the winter...they turn grey black..... :'(.... sucks ass, but now I have newer slightly larger, much shinier versions of them on my car so its all good!
[/b]
...or you can take off the v6 badges. It looks better and you don't have to worry about them!

·
Registered
412 Posts
...or you can take off the v6 badges. It looks better and you don't have to worry about them!
[/b]
Hehehe, some of us just like to have that little badge that differentiates a "true mazda6" from a 4 cylinder. ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hehehe, some of us just like to have that little badge that differentiates a "true mazda6" from a 4 cylinder. ;)
[/b]
i'll second that. i could go without the door guards but then the v6 would just be floating there and i like the v6 so i leave them on

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:D Hey wussup aybody!?
Guess what.....yeah it rained today(no watermarks though). Thanx for all your comments, and CLaman that's crazy what happened to your babdges, I was laughin when I read it fo real but I know it aint funny. Although you know what's really funny and what I've wondered about ever since I got my 6, was that it never CAME with the V6 badge. Every time I meet someone with a 6 or go to the dealer they wanna ask me to pop the hood cuz they don't beleive the kid!!. Mine's an 04, is it that the 04's didn't come with the badges.....let me know......Thanks Again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
9 Participants
mike2005
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing