Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully i didnt screw this up to bad,

So just bought an 06 6i , Im wanting to put an intake (cold air, or RAM) dont know yet , just looking for a little better pick up and some better mileage out of it, and maybe a cool sound or such,

would like to know of any adverse affects of puting one on and some suggestions on a brand,

and factory warranty info ...if it voids it or not or maybe ..........

thanks people

Be gentle im new

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Don't get the short ram unless you like a cool sound with no perfomance gains after 15 minutes of running. Stick with AEM (will most likely throw a check engine light because of the engine running too lean), or for double the price get CPE, it will prevent the check engine light, and give you some more power. The only real adverse affect would be the check engine light with any non-CPE cold air intake.

In regards to the warranty, http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=9371 . That should cover it.

Welcome, and good job posting in the right section for that question :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome to the club!

You'll find many different opinions and brands.

You might want to put your location to better help others help you.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
A search through the various engine section forums will yield a plethora of info on the 6i intakes and the various opinions of them. Adverse effects in a nutshell are none, unless you count the CEL light that MAY (not will) come on, but really means nothing. There is a sticky at the top of ths section dealing with the mods and your warranty issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help people i got my awnsers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
[email protected]
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing