Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The connector to the seatbelt attachment point is right under the drivers seat. If you disconnect it.. no more dingdingdingding. I guess the other yellow connector belongs to the seat-airbag.. best leave that alone ;)

(And yes I always wear my seatbelt. But I don't need my car to bug me about that every time i drive 1 meter before putting it on or when parking etc. Don't know who would really.. I feel naked in my car without the thing on.)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Got rid of the extremely annoying seatbelt beeper

Neat. Can you be sure of which connector it is under the seat? Or is it a pull, guess-and-test, to find out which. Also some of them are probably for use with the power functions of the seat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I don't have powered seats.. so no problem :)
I read that is on the same connector.

The yellowish one is from the airbag. supposedly your airbag light will stay on if u remove that.. but i didn't try that.

·
Registered
170 Posts

We don't have a seatbelt beep in the US version, but in my Explorer all you had to do was push the seatbelt release and it would stop.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

U don't?? I always thought american cars where the first to introduce that.. cause y'all seem to have problems with seatbelts..

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Nope, don't have. Suprised the hell out of me.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Seat belts and seat belt warning lights were introduced by Volvo. Blame them... :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Don't say bad things about security stuff...

Some people are annoyed by the fact that you can't adjust the nav while in motion. I'd say doing that is as dangerous as talking in the phone.

All these limitations and lights and beeps are there to save lifes. Yeah the beep might be annoying while reversing ect but you will never ever forget to put your belt on. Ignore and don't do maybe - but that's your choise.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replying to Topic 'Got rid of the extremely annoying seatbelt beeper'

Originally posted by Blackbird

Don't say bad things about security stuff...

Some people are annoyed by the fact that you can't adjust the nav while in motion. I'd say doing that is as dangerous as talking in the phone.[/b]
Yes but can I have a sensor that sees that I have a passenger so he can set the route?
Or can I have a nav that boots up quicklier.

Originally posted by Blackbird
All these limitations and lights and beeps are there to save lifes. Yeah the beep might be annoying while reversing ect but you will never ever forget to put your belt on. Ignore and don't do maybe - but that's your choise.[/b]
The light in the dash still works. And I never forget to put my belt on anyway..

And they could have left it at a few pings. Ping ping would be nice. Maybe every 30 seconds or so.

But noo it's more of a ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping.

Who needs a message that irritating shouldn't have a licence.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Originally posted by Kerrick

The connector to the seatbelt attachment point is right under the drivers seat. If you disconnect it.. no more dingdingdingding. I guess the other yellow connector belongs to the seat-airbag.. best leave that alone ;)

(And yes I always wear my seatbelt. But I don't need my car to bug me about that every time i drive 1 meter before putting it on or when parking etc. Don't know who would really.. I feel naked in my car without the thing on.)[/b]
I wonder if disconnecting the wire will affect your seat belt pre-tensioners though.

·
Registered
21 Posts

kind of off-topic, but other than saving lives, the main reason car manufacturers put those beeps and lights and disable the nav while car is in motion, is to minimize liability on their part. mazda and other companies would be sued left and right by ignorant people who didn't put on their seat belt, or messed with the navigation while driving.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by pneutin
            kind of off-topic, but other than saving lives, the main reason car manufacturers put those beeps and lights and disable the nav while car is in motion, is to minimize liability on their part.  mazda and other companies would be sued left and right by ignorant people who didn't put on their seat belt, or messed with the navigation while driving.[/b]
In the USA yes, but not in Europe.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It has nothing to do with liability. It is only for extra scoring in the NCAP tests (speaking of which, wonder when they will test it...)

Seat belt warning sound/light gives an extra star.

·
Registered
167 Posts

i just got mine on august 9th and i never get that beep

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Got rid of the extremely annoying seatbelt beeper

The NA version doesn't have the seatbelt beeper, I believe.

·
Registered
682 Posts

The seat belt tensioners should be mechanically activated. I did the same thing in my old car (disabled the seat belt warning) because it was VERY anoying, and the tensioners still worked.

The Canadian M6s beep for about 5 seconds and then stop. The red light stays on solid, then flashes if you drive away. I haven't bothered to disable it yet.

One thing that I do find anoying is the 'beep' whenever you press one of the radio buttons. I don't need to know that I'm turing the volume up!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

Nope, don't have. Suprised the hell out of me.
check the connector under your seat. Possibly some lazy technician forgot to hook them up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts