Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my sport grille after waiting about a month. When I installed it I noticed that the color doesn't exactly match. The grille is a shade darker than the rest of the car. :wtf Anyone else with a sport grille have this problem?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Got my sport grille'

I've got the same exact problem! I ordered my sports grill from mazdastuff.com a week and a half ago, and just received and installed it. First impression: Not an exact color match. The grill is definitely a bit darker.

I have a "performance white" Mazda6i, what color is yours?

While noticing this, I also noticed that the sheetmetal white is a bit different from the white on the bumpers and side sills. Ergh. :(

(Also, this is my first post - been lurking a few weeks, but this grill thing annoys me.)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I have the lapis and I also got the grille from Mazdastuff. I just sent them an email and may just end up returning it and getting the chrome mustache painted. It's just bothering me too much.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

Oh right. I see your avatar now... That's odd though, because I figured the white was the easiest color to screw up (and I hadn't seen any pics of the white sports grill, but the other colors seemed to look fine). I wonder if this has anything to do with the grills being made in two different places (in germany and japan according to this thread).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading Topic: Got my sport grille

I know that other parts of the world have different blues, Lapis, Sonic and Pacific. Maybe I got one of those.

·
Registered
498 Posts

I ordered the black sport grill yesterday....oh god I hope it matches. It should arrive this friday. I'll let you know...plus I'll have pic's!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

Got a response back from Richard at MazdaStuff:

I was waiting to hear back from Dealer Services. According to them, there are slight differences in the color between batches, and this is a normal condition. Still we want to make you happy. That is a factory Mazda accessory, and your local Mazda dealer can do a parts warranty for you. That way you can see if the replacement grill is more to your liking before it is installed. If you like, you can return it for a refund.[/b]
So, if yours turns out to be a shade different, there's still hope. :sarc

·
Registered
656 Posts

I got my speed yellow grille a couple of days a go and it matches just fine. I also got it from mazdastuff.com

·
Registered
526 Posts

While I don't have one - I saw one on a redfire car. The grill came on the car from the factory - and it looked darker than the rest of the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by CvilleSix

Got a response back from Richard at MazdaStuff:

I was waiting to hear back from Dealer Services. According to them, there are slight differences in the color between batches, and this is a normal condition. Still we want to make you happy. That is a factory Mazda accessory, and your local Mazda dealer can do a parts warranty for you. That way you can see if the replacement grill is more to your liking before it is installed. If you like, you can return it for a refund.[/b]
So, if yours turns out to be a shade different, there's still hope. :sarc [/b][/quote]

I got the same response. :sarc

·
Registered
170 Posts

I just got my Silver grille for mazdastuff.com, and it is an exact color match. Check it out at cardomain.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I guess me and cville are the unlucky ones. :( It doesn't look too bad in the sunlight and would probably be ok when I give the car a wash. I may just keep it and paint the chrome mustache then decide which one I want to keep.

·
Registered
498 Posts

I got my black sport grill last week from richard at mazdastuff. The color is a perfect match. The grill was very easy to install. All of 5 minutes!

Wonder how easy the wind deflector is to install?

·
Registered
15 Posts

I just got mine from mazdastuff yesterday. Part was instock and was here in 3 days. Steel gray exterior and the color is a perfect match. I have considered using the "extra" Mazda emblem and painting it the same color to see how that would look. A more monchrome look. Anyone seen this done yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Just wondering...Does the sport grille from w/ the silver mazda log sign? Or doesn't it...I ordered from a Mazda dealership. I tried looking for the mazdastuff.com, but I can't find any mazda6 parts. Any idea? Any good sites to order mazda6 parts?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts