Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first day i had it with pinstripes and door and fender protecters and front plate...ugly

now... with no plate and removed the ugly molding and pinstripes

feel free to comment!:-D

·
Registered
967 Posts
Grats, looks just like mine. :drive:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Congrats man, have fun with the car! Just make sure you read up on all the "not to" topics on this, and READ on what the limits are on this car (launching the car/dumping the clutch, cornering...ect).

You're going to have a blast!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks good with no holes in the front. your gonna love it. I still feel like a little kid with a new GI Joe toy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoooowhaaaa?!?! No holes from the front plate bracket... Please explain...
[/b]
hehe..ummm...well. i didnt fill the holes yet ..just a lil photoshop it was bothering me..lol sorry

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got lucky on my car - it was shipped from Arizona where apparently they are not required to have a front license plate. (AZ peeps correct me if I'm wrong). Being that I'm in Texas, and ~required, I'll wait until I get a ticket before putting holes in my beauty.

congrats on the car! It also looks like mine. Or mine looks like yours.

repo

·
Registered
87 Posts
i got lucky on my car - it was shipped from Arizona where apparently they are not required to have a front license plate. (AZ peeps correct me if I'm wrong). Being that I'm in Texas, and ~required, I'll wait until I get a ticket before putting holes in my beauty.

congrats on the car! It also looks like mine. Or mine looks like yours.

repo
[/b]
You are correct Sir. :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
looks awesome man. yeah same here in PA no front plate needed just back, but in NJ next door you need front

·
Registered
129 Posts
Front plates are required in Ohio as well. Interestingly enough, when I took delivery of an '06 G coupe at the end of October the Infiniti dealer did not put the front license plate on. He said that they don't typically do that unless the owner specifically requests it. He also said that they have had no reports of tickets over the matter from owners and that if I want it added down the road that they would come out to my house or office and do it.

Nice car by the way, I love the night/dusk shots of the speed6!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The car to its right (93 accord coupe) is parked illegally. The other side, there seems to be enough distance between mine and theirs.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I got mine from Illinois and there are holes :tear: . Being that we don't have a front plate requirement, I'd like to fill the holes. How should I go about doing that?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got mine from Illinois and there are holes :tear: . Being that we don't have a front plate requirement, I'd like to fill the holes. How should I go about doing that?
[/b]
Easy way: bondo and repaint
More fun way: new CF front bumper :laugh:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Easy way: bondo and repaint
More fun way: new CF front bumper :laugh:
[/b]
I don't want to put a custom one on because I want the car to look completely stock. I guess unless I want to pay body shop a few hundred to do it, i'll have to live with the holes or put the non-aerodynamic (and ugly) front plate holder back on.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I don't want to put a custom one on because I want the car to look completely stock. I guess unless I want to pay body shop a few hundred to do it, i'll have to live with the holes or put the non-aerodynamic (and ugly) front plate holder back on.
[/b]
A cheaper alternative might be to find some plastic plugs you can paint an use to fill in the holes. That solution wouldn't look quite as nice as getting the holes professionally filled and painted, but it would still look pretty good and cost a whole lot less.

Plus, if you ever move to a state that requires a front plate, you could just pop out the plugs and put the plate holder back on.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sorry, but holes in the front bumper would be a deal breaker for me. I'd hate to live in a state that required the front plate... :nana:

Though what's funny about this statement is my Jeep in the avitar has a front plate bracket...as it was pulled from Virginia. I purchased this from the internet and had no idea it had one. I pulled the plate off and left the screws in...not the nicest touch, but WTF, it's a Jeep. Had it been on the car, I'd a told them to fill and repaint...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts