Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 225/45/R17 Falken Azenis RT-615s onto my car yesterday, and taking them for a drive after having my stock 17's... all my brain keeps thinking is WOW!

The car has an entirely different feel, and it almost seems like the driving/steering dynamics are completely different! I can enter a turn at a faster speed, stay in my line that I want, and I'm not always worrying about understeer! It just hugs the road, takes the turn, and keeps going!

The only qualm I have is that it seems like my speedometer is really off. I was driving down the thruway at what it said was 80, and my girlfriend was in her car ahead of me, and I called her to say "Slow down" her car said she was going 70, while mine said 80.

According to the calculator HERE: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html I should only be off by 1.9%, meaning that when my speedo says 60, I'm only going 58.8. That doesnt make sense to me...

Why is my speedo off so much? Or, am I really getting to higher speeds that much quicker? I'm confused, as it doesnt feel like 80 like it used to.

But 5/5 for these tires so far! I am so happy with my $500 purchase cost!

·
Registered
978 Posts
you still on stock wheels?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nice man I got my ST-115's comin either tommorow or tuesday I cant wait.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
According to the calculator HERE: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html I should only be off by 1.9%, meaning that when my speedo says 60, I'm only going 58.8. That doesnt make sense to me...

Why is my speedo off so much? Or, am I really getting to higher speeds that much quicker? I'm confused, as it doesnt feel like 80 like it used to.
[/b]

your using shorter tires than your car's speedometer was calibrated for.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your using shorter tires than your car's speedometer was calibrated for.
[/b]
It should only be off by 1.9% +/- 1% because our speedo is off 1% already. It shouldn't be off by 10 MPH at 80...

The noise level is incredible on these tires. They're quiet, and only chirp when I'm really pushing em :) I'm completely satisfied. They're awesome all around so far!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Clean Baldy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing