Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after waiting for about a month they finally gave me the time of day to put my 6 on the track and take her out, the track i drove on is located in Toole UT (do a search to see the website and the actual track, looks for Larry Miller) me and my friend took our cars out, we had to pay of course, and sign all the liability junk (Friend drives an 06 Mitsu EVO VIII MR) the cost? $120 for 4 hours and for 30min we would get a pro driver to tag along to get tips. this track is huge! they allowed 10 car on the track at once along with my 6 and his EVO was a Ferrari 355 spyder, a lotus, an new vette (non ZO6) and a loud civic hatchback, the others were off before i made it around so unsure. The best moment is on the straight, i was rolling at around 115mph and i got Vid of the Ferrari blowing past me at who the god knows what speed. while we were they they tested a Mclaren SLR as well owned by Ken Garff (huge dealer here) if your ever out here this is an amazing track to test out!! The pro was cool mostly talked about turning and how to draft behind my friends evo, who always left me in the dust, but was a great day none the less!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
other than being pretty flat, i was pretty psyched watching this track go in over the last 12+ months or so. heard it's a very demanding track, and there are quite a few setups, not too mention having a straight that can handle 4 cars wide or so (40' iirc?).

love to get out there sometime, but justifying passing like 6 tracks on the way out there is hard to do. but atom44, the girlfriend and I have done some much stupider things to get some track time!

congrats man, post that vid!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes is is really flat and i only wish my 6 had a much higher top speed, my friend with the EVO got his car to 142 MPH. As far as Utah goes this is really our friest real circuit track, the other tracks we have are all oval and drag which is a total of like 2 tracks in almost the whole state, really lame. Some of the corners were quite hard on the 6 around 60 MPH but it did well. I am at work right now but when i get home i will get that Vid up, my EVO friend said the Ferrari that passed me clocked at 162 MPH

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where in toole is the track located? Is it owned by Larry Miller? I am up in logan and I would be interested in checking the track out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where in toole is the track located? Is it owned by Larry Miller? I am up in logan and I would be interested in checking the track out.
[/b]
From logan just take I-15 south to salt lake I-80 west till you hit tooele, the track is located between Grantsville and tooele. 2901 north sheep lane. And yes Larry Miller ownes the park, like most of SLC. chech out www.millermotorsportspark.com for the offical site. they will show events and time you can get your car on the track as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts