Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have been reading all possible topic about intalling the intake before I got it. Well after reading somewhere in here that there is black wire that needs to be cut when installing the customizer, but to surprise such thing is on the instruction for the 03-04 model. PLEASE HELP ON THIS TOPIC, WHERE IS THAT BLACK WIRE? DOES IT APPLY FOR THE 03? YES OR NO? :huh:

·
Registered
309 Posts
You will need to tap wires and cut the MAF wire on the CPU harness on the drivers side, inside of the car. Follow the instructions as they are very detailed. Make sure the instructions you have are for the correct year and model of Mazda6 as there are differences. If you are ever in doubt of what to do contact CPE as you dont want to tap or cut the wrong wire on the CPU harness. Last but not least take your time and don't rush anything. I would set aside at least 3-4 hours to do the install correctly if you are not familiar with it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You will need to cut a wire and then tap into each end of it, the box basically completes the circuit. As stated before, read the directions as they are very detailed. Use the numbers for wires if you have a hard time finding the correct wire (the numbers should be at both ends of the ECU plug, just count back).

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
read the instructions about 5 times. then go out to the car and do a dry run. look everything over, and walk through the instructions without actually doing the work. then read through the instructions again to cover down on what you missed. the instructions have a sufficient level of detail to enable the complete install. i would advise against "figuring" it out as you go. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
mk706
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing