Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have been on here very little lately. as i have been bitten by the mustang bug. i have a 98 gt, and just put the deposit down on this beauty. a 2003 Svt Cobra. supercharger what??!? yea, i had to find one in blue, specially since it matches the 6 so well. hehe.

oh, and for anyone who wants to know, the 6 isn't going anywhere. just the wife gets to upgrade from her tribute to the 6. when i told her the idea to sell the 6 to get the cobra, she told me "over my dead body". so i said, easy, we sell the tribute. haha. but here it is, the new beast. in all her glory.

enjoy!

[attachmentid=15417]

[attachmentid=15418]

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is one beautiful car. Too bad you are handing the six over but, hey, i would probably do the same. Man whats the horsepower on that blue demon.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice, how did those shocks ever turn out with the 6, i forgot which ones you got.

·
Registered
199 Posts
at least u get to keep both of the best cars :D

·
Registered
867 Posts
nice car, at least you still have the 6 if u ever wanted to drive it. Oh and the horsepower let me guess: 390 hp?

·
Registered
979 Posts
We used to have a 96, that had a vortech supercharger in it as well as amillion other mods. The thing was sick fast and not to mention it could break you neck.. Good luck get modding

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matt- have not gotten to put the kyb's on yet. but i will be soon, as she does not want the car so low, so the eibach prokits will be coming off the 6 to make way for a set of racing beat springs.

oh, and as for mods, the cobra comes with some impressive stuff already. and will be getting some other stuff right off the bat. it has a solid axle conversion with 3.90's. o/r x pipe, and a cat back. along with fluidyne radiator, and a fluidyne heat exchanger. oh, and a 2.8 pulley on the s/c, along with a pro 5.0 shifter. gonna have it dyno tuned with a diablosport programmer on friday. and having subframe connectors along with tubular rear control arms added. thinking this car will put down 440-460whp. not too shabby imo. and should be able to get me into the high 11's. thats faster than i could even possibly even dream about with the 6. and hitting the 1320 is my absolute favorite passtime. and the 6 WILL NEVER go fast on the 1320.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Lucky

i am only allowed 1 toy at a time.

this is what i traded in on the 6

i will have another.

enjoy the Cobra!

·
Registered
603 Posts
AzMz6 i hate you :swearin: thats the car that i want! grrrrr

but atleast u still have it so that you can drive it :)

and i see you stuck with blue....good job :D

the car is sick man! here in miami we got some doing low 11's to high 10's....there sick i tell you!

congrats on the car man have fun :drive: it!

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
990 Posts
congrats on the Cobra...I don't know if I've ever seen that color before. Is it a factory color or repaint? Either way, looks awesome.

·
Registered
718 Posts
ok, gotta ask, why?
[/b]
not a good daily driver(it is a 63 mile round trip to work including a dirt road), ankle surgery
i am dumb, and most important, i have no garage

·
Registered
742 Posts
You suck Tony! You're making me want one! :drool: :) Just finishing my refi this month to save money damn it! It's a hot ride though. :drive:

·
Registered
822 Posts
nice choice...funny thing was I was admiring a cobra while driving behind it the other day...and it was the same color...that's the same color I would have got it in.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it was the only choice when i was looking for one. ;)

oh, and had a few things done on it, including a tune, and this is a safe tune for the car..... :D

i'll get some pics up of the 6 and the cobra together. they look just sick sitting next to eachother in the garage. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
How did you HP vary so much? what was the diff?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the first run was the baseline run, the second is the tuned run. i had an sct chip put in it, and had it tuned by one of the best tuners in the nation. not parts were swapped from the first map to the second. that is ALL computer tuning. and this is even a conservative tune. i was told it is set this way to promote longer life from the engine. whic is good in my book. the next tune will be with race gas, and i am told that will yield about 460whp. yummy! i love this car.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
That's nice! I considered an '03 Cobra (silver) when I was getting a new car, but I ended up getting the 6 I currently drive. The Cobra was actually a few thousand dollars cheaper since it was used and the 6 is brand new. But I thought about how much gas that 4.6L SC V8 would use and the astronomical insurance I would have to pay and decided on the 6. The gas probably wouldn't have been that big of an issue, since the car is a few grand cheaper than the 6 to begin with, and a few grand could buy a lot of gas. It was the thought of getting slaughtered on insurance that made me get my 6. I also considered a Civic Si, but again, decided on the 6 due to insurance issues.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts