Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im pretty new to the whole HID thing. I spent a couple days reading about them on here and then got a guy from CL to install a pair (6000K with 55W ballasts) in my 6. The problem is they are not very bright and definitely not focused properly. I tried to follow alignment instructions and played with the alignment but it didnt help much. Its like they are really bright on the sides and die out in the front of the car.

I need some feedback. Should I get 65W or 110W ballasts? Will alignment improve the lack of brightness??!!!!

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not an expert but from my knowledge of HID's. The higher the W the more washed out the color is. I myself have just the regular 35W with 6000k color temp and they work wonders. Not sure of the purpose in going up in the wattage as it will produce much heat and have the posibility of ruining the projectors. I know mine shoot down the road like half mile or as far as the straight stretch gets, haha. Like i said, thats my little input, im not a pro. 55w 6k equals 4300 light output... 55w 8k equals 6k light output... Someone feel free to correct me. As for mine, I have not reaimed them, they are aimed how the car came with them aimed. I dont believe there is much glare beause I dont get any high beamers and i also got a nice crisp sharp purple color cut off line.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same problem i messed around with the vertical adjuster behind the lo beam hole and its helped but i need to find the other adjusters to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts