Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I wanted to say thanks for everyone's help on these forums as I learned much about the Mazda6 in the nearly two years that I have been here. However, I think the fun driving dynamics of the Mazda6 increased my interest in owning one of the most fun-to-drive cars there is. So, I found a decent deal on a low-mileage 2015 Miata PRHT Club Edition, 6-speed and decided to trade the 6 in for that. Best wishes to all, and thanks again for the advice and information that so many have provided here.

By the way, what used to be my Soul Red 2017 GT with remote start and Android Auto retrofit is sitting at a dealer in Western PA, south of Pittsburgh. Not sure what they're asking for it, but if you happen to be looking in that area and need more info about the car, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
17,364 Posts
Were it more practical, I would have bought a Miata years ago. IMO, they're not "one of the most-fun-to-drive there is" it's THE most fun car to drive. Love the NC and love that you got a hard top - enjoy it and don't be a stranger around here :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Were it more practical, I would have bought a Miata years ago. IMO, they're not "one of the most-fun-to-drive there is" it's THE most fun car to drive. Love the NC and love that you got a hard top - enjoy it and don't be a stranger around here :)
Right, there's no reason to be a stranger around here.

Congratulations to your new Miata!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Were I to fit, I would have bought a Miata years ago 🤷‍♂️
@blackngold75 best of fortune to you.
Happy Motoring
I test-drove two Miata's last summer, at the Mazda Drive Event in the Metro Vancouver area. They really, really, were lovely by way of drive quality, sport, total "togetherness" if I could use that word. A harmony of different aspects of design... in the right proportions. With the hardtop you have, and with careful packing, you can make it as utilitarian as you like!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw this one posted recently

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don't know about the picture of the couch on the Miata - but in all seriousnesss - fixtures and adapters can really transform any car vis a vis utility. For the Porsche Boxster - Porsche Accessories has a really nifty roof rack frame. I think it works on the Cayman, too. No damage bicycle carrying, rooftop lumber carrying, etc. When you ALSO have a receptacle style hitch, possibilities REALLY open up. Light trailer, vertical additive roof rack auxiliary support, hitch-mounted bicycle rack, etc. Biggest issue with the Miata is the modestly sized trunk. Do your grocery shopping alone...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I never thought a car can be abused this way! I mean, it's a car and not a truck. Or is it a truck that looked like a car?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The photo's about placing stuff right in contact with the body or windshield frame aside - none of this stuff is necessarily abusive on the car. Properly designed fixtures that introduce these loads onto the monocoque chassis are fine within reason. A trailer hitch which properly ties-in to chassis framing, along with i) low tow speeds; ii) low trailer tongue loads; and iii) pretty level roads does absolutely no harm... particularly if gross combined vehicle wt. does not exceded GVWR of the car. That means: light net wt trailer, light contents weight; and moderate aerodynamic profile. Low speeds are key...

In other parts of the world they are not NEARLY so fussed about using their cars for the best utility possible and designs of fixtures for cars and motorcycles (to increase their utility) abound.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Got a Miata RF as a loaner - took it to the beach. Loved it and considered buying one. Then got my 6 back and all was good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts