Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03D3594B-A1D7-4B32-90D7-021D7D7495BE.jpeg

We had a year left on the lease of our Mazda6 Signature, which we truly loved but my wife’s recent knee replacement surgery made getting in and out difficult for her. I had been reading that used car values are appreciating so I looked up it’s trade in value on several sites and it appeared to be higher than my buyout of the lease. This surprised me since we leased the 6 with only first month payment and fees down. I called the dealership where I leased the 6 to see what they could do. They offered me $1300 more than the buyout which was an average of what KBB, NADA and Edmunds was quoting. We test drove the only two ’21 CX-9s they had and settled on this gorgeous GT. The other 9 was the Carbon Edition. I had the dealer take the crappy Bridgestone Ecopia OEM tires off the GT and replace them with Michelins. What an improvement! It made this already great vehicle amazingly smooth and quiet….eerily quiet. I have had Lexus, Acura and Infiniti cars that were not this quiet. So far I am happy with our decision to get into an SUV. We only leased it for 2 years (in case her knee gets better and I change my mind on having an SUV) . Right now my wife is happy…so I am happy. The 9 is proving to be better in some areas while leaving me a little wanting in others. But it is a great vehicle and best in the mid priced 3 row class IMO.

·
Super Moderator
18,119 Posts
Sorry, the forum made me approve your thread before anyone could see it and I was away all weekend. Free bump for your troubles.

Congrats on the new purchase! My parents have had 2 Cx9s now and they love them. Personally, I think the latest gen is the nicest looking SUV to ever grace the road.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@mike99: All of the above and I think the Bose sounds a little better…more bass depth. With the Michelin’s I had the dealer put on I am not sure I have been in a smoother or more quiet riding vehicle. We are happy with our choice. Looked at the Acura RDX but they wouldn’t deal much on a lease and my wife being used to the Mazda6 just liked the simplicity and the familiarity of the cabin and controls…and the more elevated seating position when compared to the RDX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts