Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2005 Mazda6s GT. Performance White. I love this car. I was looking for suggestions for a good tinting shop. I live in the Bronx/Lower Westchester area but will travel further if its a good shop.

Also looking to install lighted door sills and lighted trunk plate. I'm not very handy and wondering if anyone knew a shop that would do it for a reasonable price. Or if someone could show me how to do it myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I used
Super Tunes
(516) 623-8077
143 N Main St
Freeport, NY
They might be a hike for you though. But they are mad cool. I had to drop my car off and head out of town for almost a week. I asked them to store my car inside while I was away. They did (I had it verified by a friend). They are a bit pricy but in my eyes worth it.
As for the other installs I know that I have seen the "How to" either here of on mazdatech.

Just bought a 2005 Mazda6s GT. Performance White. I love this car. I was looking for suggestions for a good tinting shop. I live in the Bronx/Lower Westchester area but will travel further if its a good shop.

Also looking to install lighted door sills and lighted trunk plate. I'm not very handy and wondering if anyone knew a shop that would do it for a reasonable price. Or if someone could show me how to do it myself.

Thanks
[/b]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey, here's a little help for both of your questions. I have a great tint guy in my area. Unfortunately my area is exit 60 on the LIE. If you're willing to travel tha far send me a PM and I'll give you the info. As for yorur installation question. Contact BlackMagic. He as a whole bunch of doityourself videos that are great, he may have one to help you out. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, here's a little help for both of your questions. I have a great tint guy in my area. Unfortunately my area is exit 60 on the LIE. If you're willing to travel tha far send me a PM and I'll give you the info. As for yorur installation question. Contact BlackMagic. He as a whole bunch of doityourself videos that are great, he may have one to help you out. Hope this helps.
[/b]

How far out on the island is this guy?

·
Registered
118 Posts
No problem man, sorry it wasn't a sollution for ya. Did you contact Blackmagic or check him out?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem man, sorry it wasn't a sollution for ya. Did you contact Blackmagic or check him out?
[/b]

Yeah I PMed Blackmagic yesterday. He seemed like a nice guy. He said he was going to try to draw up a diagram for me. This forum is awesome. People here are cool too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used
Super Tunes
(516) 623-8077
143 N Main St
Freeport, NY
They might be a hike for you though. But they are mad cool. I had to drop my car off and head out of town for almost a week. I asked them to store my car inside while I was away. They did (I had it verified by a friend). They are a bit pricy but in my eyes worth it.
As for the other installs I know that I have seen the "How to" either here of on mazdatech.
[/b]

How much did you pay? I just got my tints done for a $165 all around 35%.

·
Registered
230 Posts
How much did you pay? I just got my tints done for a $165 all around 35%.[/b]
I got mines done in New Rochelle a little over a year ago for $160...........not that far away from the Bronx. Good shop

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I'm new to the area so I'm looking for a good place to go. Waranty? How's it looking a year later?[/b]
Oh wussup. Sorry about not checking back my own post. Was a noob then, still one. The place is on Huguenot st. I live at 255 Huguenot by the train station; It's on the right hand side heading in the direction of COSTCO between Centre Ave and Columbus Ave. If you've reached the Exxon Gas station on your left, you've gone too far. The place is cool, go through the entrance and there's a garage immediately infront of you, that's where the guys does it. He was doing a G35 5% last time I stopped in.

With regards to mine, I did mine 20%. It was the first thing/mod I did after have the car for about 24hrs. so you can imagine I was ancy. I couldn't ask for a better job done man. Good luck.

p.s Sorry about not knowing the name of the place, I drove by, saw it, and dropped in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts